Can't hear playback through Behringer interface

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dandrues@yahoo.com

Can't hear playback through Behringer interface

Post by dandrues@yahoo.com » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi, Thanks for reading this. I have a new Behringer UMC404 interface. It connects nicely to the Ipad with a powered usb hub. It records very nicely, as well. However, I cannot hear any playback through the interface. The headphones are plugged into the interface and all volume levels are up. I've spent hours going through the manual, Lynda.com, and Youtube for a solution. No luck. Might you have any ideas how I can get the playback to come through the interface? It comes through the Ipad headphone jack just fine. Thanks so much!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Can't hear playback through Behringer interface

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:16 am

The only thing that I can see is the Mix Dial needs to be all the way to the right to PB which is playback. This monitors only the daw. You’ve probably done that already but if by chance you haven’t than this might solve your playback issue. Good luck.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:33 am

Some of the Behringer interfaces act a bit differently then other interfaces with iOS. I believe that once you connect the UMC404 to your iPad, you need to turn the physical volume on your iPad up in order to then hear the outputs from the UCM404. Let me know if this doss the trick.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:43 am

Funny you mention that Corey because I get the same thing when using my Soundcraft MT12 and that fixes it right away.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:52 am

Good to know that is a fix for more manufacturers then just some of the Behringer products.

dandrues@yahoo.com

Post by dandrues@yahoo.com » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:45 am

Thanks so much for your replies. Yes, that worked! You have to turn up the volume control on the Ipad itself to hear playback through the interface. Now the Behringer, 4 channel, UMC 404 is working great. Good levels, good headphone volume, good sound quality, and, 4 channels. It does require a powered usb hub. However, with that you do not need to use the ac power adapter. For $100 new, the unit is a great deal. Thanks again.