Recording separate outs from Roland Boutique range

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Trash
Expert

Recording separate outs from Roland Boutique range

Post by Trash » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:10 pm

This might be a stupid question but I figured I would ask it anyway as people are pretty helpful around here...

I've just bought a Roland Tr-08 (basically a reproduction of the famous Tr-808). Always wanted one since I played with one back in the 80s. Never been able to afford it.

The device is great but it does not have individual outs. The only implementation is via USB which gives you separate outs (obviously intended for computer-based DAW recording). However what I am wondering is if there is any way of getting the separate outs into the Auria.

Does anyone have any ideas of how (or if) this might be possible?

Many thanks for any tips/suggestions...

Cheers all.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Recording separate outs from Roland Boutique range

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Unfortunately the Tr boutique series that transfer audio via the mini usb connection requires a driver for both Windows and Mac computers. This requirenment means that it is not Core Audio compliant and only core audio devices can be recognized by iOS. So you will have to record each drum part into Auria manually be soloing each drum part and recording each part onto a separate track. You will need to take the audio output of the drum machine and connect them to an audio interface that connects to your iPad. Good luck.

Trash
Expert

Re: Recording separate outs from Roland Boutique range

Post by Trash » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:39 am

Thank you for the response.
I thought there might be some kind of limitation like that.

I'll stick to the just using the stereo out and treating all the sounds as one. Shame really as it would have been nice to be able to treat some of the sounds individually.

Thanks again...