Faderport, alternative

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Renfield
Expert

Faderport, alternative

Post by Renfield » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi,

Is there any good alternative to Presonus Faderport that has motorized fader or faders?
The Faderport has been manufactured since about 2007 and it must be some kind of controller that’s more recent.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Faderport, alternative

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:04 am

There are only a few HUI controllers on the market. The single faderport is the only single fader controller that is currently being manufactured. The faderport 8 is their latest one with eight motorized faders. Next in line is the Beringhinger Xtouch which also has 8 motorized faders. And of course the famous Mackie MCU pro which I use and also has 9 motorized faders. The Icon is another hui controller with motorized faders. Thats about the only ones I know of and Ive researched this probably more than most have. Good luck with your purchase. If I were to choose one today I would choose the Faderport 8 because I know how reliable my original faderport was and still is as I still use it as a secondary controller in my studio b. My expensive Mackie MCU pro has one of the displays dimmed so low I can't really see it and needs to be replaced and its less than a year old. Cheers.

Renfield
Expert

Post by Renfield » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks for the answer!

Hope there’ll be more to choose from in the future.

Renfield
Expert

Post by Renfield » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:35 am

Does Behringer X mini touch work with Auria?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:20 pm

Yes the X-touch Mini has Mackie Control immulation and Auria has Mackie Control as well se it should work perfectly. You may not get every function but neither do those of use who use more complex controllers like the Mackie MCU Pro. Cheers and good luck.