Help! Only hearing monitors on one side...

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ryanemersonvt

Help! Only hearing monitors on one side...

Post by ryanemersonvt » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Hey, y'all.

I'm using a Focusrite iTrack Solo. It has RCA outputs on the back that I'm running to my JBL 3 series. For some reason, the signal is only coming out on the left.

It's not the speaker. When I plug the left signal into the right speaker, it works fine. The output matrix looks fine, too, but maybe I'm missing something?

There's a "direct monitor" switch that doesn't seem to effect anything. My headphones work fine, too.

When I pan things that are in the center of the mix to the right, I really lose the signal, which leads me to believe it's not that it's sending a mono signal to just the left speaker, but it's just sending the left signal to the left speaker but not the right signal to the right speaker.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Help! Only hearing monitors on one side...

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Have you tried playing audio out of another app? This would rule out an issue with your Auria project.

Rim

ryanemersonvt

Re: Help! Only hearing monitors on one side...

Post by ryanemersonvt » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:12 pm

Thank you.

That's actually what it was, a physical problem with the connection of one oft he RCA outputs on the Focusrite, not a software issue with Auria.