Can someone tell me why GarageBand works simply plugging it in.

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Synthabator

Can someone tell me why GarageBand works simply plugging it in.

Post by Synthabator » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:01 am

My setup

DX7Ii with E
Juno 60
Auria Pro
Tascam 4x4
Ipad 2017

I load up GB, audio record and midi. No problem. Works like a charm. Just makes music.

Load up Auria-issues with inconsistent audio being noticed, Midi not recognized and need to set input output over and over again. Seriously, I fix it then can't replicate it. Auria seems buggy. Nothing seems to work.

Auria person, can you tell me the order of operation in loading a workspace so it remains set for In/Outs? How about how to I add tracks? Simple directions.

Synthabator

Re: Can someone tell me why GarageBand works simply plugging it in.

Post by Synthabator » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 pm

crickets?

Corey W
Expert

Re: Can someone tell me why GarageBand works simply plugging it in.

Post by Corey W » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Hello,
Not really sure I understand what the specific issue is here. If I don't address your current issues, please be a bit more specific.

-Are you connecting your Tascam 4x4 using a genuine Apple USB3 CCK?

-To add tracks in Auria, (top of the screen) Menu> Add Track

-To save a template of a session for easy recall, simply create all of your desired Audio and MIDI tracks. Set your i/o directly on the track or use the Input/Output Matrix and then go to Menu> Save Project> Save Project as Template.
Now when you start a new project you can simply load your previously saved template from the 'Template' dropdown menu.

If you are having issues with MIDI, check the MIDI settings page (Menu> Settings> MIDI tab) to make sure your devices are being recognized.
Also, make sure your MIDI track is record armed in order to monitor sound before recording.