Apogee Jam not working in some projects but okay in others..

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Trash
Expert

Apogee Jam not working in some projects but okay in others..

Post by Trash » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi -

I am still very new to Auria and I seem to have encountered a very very strange problem.

I am trying to record a guitar part using an Apogee Jam. I tried a test track in an empty project just to try the setup and all seemed okay.

However when I open the actual project I want to work on it really does not seem to like the fact that the Apogee is connected. This manifests itself in a number of ways:
1 - With the Apogee connected audio playback stutters and becomes intermittent
2 - As soon as I arm the relevant track for record the audio level peaks as though there is some kind of audio being fed into the track even with nothing being fed into the Apogee

I happen to have the same project on an iPad and an iPad Pro and both versions have the same problem so I suspect there is something strange in the project itself but I have no idea what it could be.

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks in advance!

Trash
Expert

Re: Apogee Jam not working in some projects but okay in othe

Post by Trash » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:27 pm

On investigating this further it seems that it might be related to the project sample rate.

Most projects I have are recorded at 44.1 but I have two projects that are recorded at 48 and these are the two which don't seem to work with the Apogee Jam.

Is there some correlation between the way audio interfaces work and the sample rate used?

And more importantly is there anything I can do to fix this - I can't rerecord my two projects...