Roland Go:Mixer

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Trash
Expert

Roland Go:Mixer

Post by Trash » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi -
I'm new to the forum so apologies if this should be part of an existing thread.

I am planning to create a mobile recording setup to include and 9.7inch iPad Pro and Auria.
However I want to be able to record in stereo (principally drum machines in stereo) so I need something that supports 2 audio ins and stereo out.

I notice that Roland have just announced the portable Go:Mixer
https://www.roland.com/uk/products/gomi ... 0d3a216756

Does this look like it might work with Auria?

Many thanks for any advice.

Cheers all

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Roland Go:Mixer

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:42 am

There isnt much info on this unit yet but, I can guess that because it connects to iOS it is core audio compliant. Auria will see any audio interface that is core audio compliant. Therefore it should work.

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:32 am

I didn't see any midi ports when I saw a picture of the GO. If you use drum machines you might want midi as well?

Another portable device, due to a battery chamber, with midi is the Roland duo capture ex. What made me go for this one is the possibility to use it without the Ipad or computer attached to it. I can therefore use it as a simple mixer.
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

Trash
Expert

Post by Trash » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi -
Many thanks for the responses.
So it seems that the Go:Mixer *should* work which is good news as it seems both versatile and portable. I'll wait for some reviews before purchasing (I still need to save up for my iPad and a copy of Auria as currently I have the first iPad mini which I suspect is underpowered).

Regarding Midi - I'm somewhat old-school in that I don't record Midi time signals, I only use Midi for syncing my drum-machine and sequencer which I then record in real-time.
Maybe recording Midi signals is something I will try at some point.

I will take a look at the Roland duo capture ex as well.

Thank you again for the answers and suggestions.