MIDI drops out after recording 2-3 minutes

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

stanbrubaker

MIDI drops out after recording 2-3 minutes

Post by stanbrubaker » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:14 pm

I've been using a new iPad Pro and a new iRig Pro Duo, to simultaneously record MIDI and audio from my keyboard, onto different tracks in AuriaPro.

And it works fine, except sometimes after I've been recording for a couple of minutes, I suddenly notice that the MIDI has dropped out! The red light has gone dark, and the only way I can get it to record MIDI again is to unplug and re-plug the lightning adapter into my iPad Pro.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause that? It's not like I have moved any equipment or anything...

Rim
Site Admin

Re: MIDI drops out after recording 2-3 minutes

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:41 pm

Sounds like maybe you have auto punch turned on? It's in the transport menu.

Rim

stanbrubaker

Re: MIDI drops out after recording 2-3 minutes

Post by stanbrubaker » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:23 pm

Somehow I learned that this little interface has firmware-- unlike all the software products I've purchased from IK, and when I installed that, the problem went away. It has been a couple of months now, and NO problems whatsoever.

I still hear a slight background buzz, which doesn't record, when I leave my AC adapter plugged in. But if I unplug that and work off the batteries, it's fine.