MIDI Communication with Auria Pro

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Nelsoncolt

MIDI Communication with Auria Pro

Post by Nelsoncolt » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:02 pm

Hello. I'm brand new and hoping someone can guide me.

I'm having an issue getting MIDI to work on my system:

Here is my setup:
iPad Air connected to Focusrite iTrack Dock
Akai Pro MPD-218 and iRig Keys connected (not at the same time) via usb to iTrack Dock for MIDI

Situation: Trying to play the LYRA MIDI Drums with the MPD218 and noting. Not even the meters are moving. MIDI track is record enabled.The iTrack Dock shows up in the MIDI settings (2 entries labelled iTrackDock 1 and 2) in Auria Pro and defaults to the Receive Notes setting for both Core MIDI Input and Output. I have tried changing all these settings with no success.

However, this entire setup works flawlessly in GarageBand. I am at a lose at what to do now.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Nelson Colt

Rim
Site Admin

Re: MIDI Communication with Auria Pro

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:12 am

One possibility is that the drum notes aren't mapped to the same keys as Lyra is expecting (Lyra uses standard GM mapping). Have you tried choosing a piano instrument to see if you hear anything when tapping the pads? Also, try a new project and simply add a MIDI track and press record enable on that track. By default, Auria listens to all MIDI inputs, so that setup should work.

Rim

Nelsoncolt

Post by Nelsoncolt » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Hi Rim.

Yep, I've tried all that and still no luck. It works as designed with Garageband. I'm assuming GB uses general MiDI also?

I'm really stumped with this. Guess I might have to use Garageband.

Nels

Nelsoncolt

Post by Nelsoncolt » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:48 am

OK. I somehow got it to work. Thanks all!

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:15 pm

hi about midi
How to get possible rec ONE MIDI TRACK with ALL 16 channels left with their rec private channels
how to get possible PLAY that track keeping available these 16 midi channels ?
i understand MOST MIDI seq save datas NOT registering Ch (only Notes) housed in a midi dedicated ONE Channel track
folder
So ARE WE OBLIGED to open-boring!- 16 midi tracks to get that INTERNAL use result
But presuming ALL midi tracks can use the same SINGLE output port (to single external Hardware) ?
it Looks like impossible without using an ipad soft Merger ? (surprise me if you can do !!!)

Using AFTER TOUCH keyboard can freeze LYRA, also too many ch received from SUSTAIN pedal are a mess
LYRA needs MIDI FILTERS at Lyra input as well as NOTE ZONE limits filtering ( all real time) later editing is time consuming as well as latency threats when playing layers or splits
I KNOW master keyboards can DO , BUT for traveling facility: iPad 600 grams don't MATCH with 20/40 kg MASTER keyboard
Anyway, let me know about such AURIA midi track POLY channel facility - if AVAILABLE?- ( NOT midi OMNI mode useless)
Yamaha Tyros can do -probably auto opening 16 r-tracks ..What an AURIA MIDI PRESET project could do ?
best regards...
Mididrum
P.S .
Customers should USE chained WONDERFUL AUM app, together with AURIA into AUDIOBUS App: Their Chain easing together connectivity recording as well as INSTANT screen access and BALANCE of aum IAA inserts while LIVE Playing/rec IAA LAYERS
instead of tricky fat fingers access inserted into Auria
needing the missing on AURIA screens : instant RETURN to IAAS screens , the same way Audiobus or MANY apps can offer

Synthabator

Post by Synthabator » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Nelsoncolt wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:48 am
OK. I somehow got it to work. Thanks all!
How did you get it to work. Garage band just works!!