Apogee Mic/Auria Pro Problem

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

IndustrialOkie

Apogee Mic/Auria Pro Problem

Post by IndustrialOkie » Mon May 30, 2016 11:29 pm

I recently upgraded to Aurio Pro in-app as suggested. While recording a vocal track using the Apogee MiC (which never had a single previous issue) I heard an audible pop. The program then defaulted to my IPad Mini 3 internal microphone. I tried this approx 5 times, and turned the iPad off before each new try. The length before the mic shutting off varied between 20-90 seconds.

I was on vacation while this occurred, so just now had a chance to uninstall and reinstall Auria. I'll report if that changes anything.

Since I've not abused or even used the Apogee mic in several months, and it's been housed in its case inside my home the entire time, I assume the culprit is a bug in the Pro upgrade.

I love Auria and would like to continue using it as my primary DAW. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Tom

IndustrialOkie

Re: Apogee Mic/Auria Pro Problem

Post by IndustrialOkie » Tue May 31, 2016 11:59 am

So far the uninstall/reinstall seems to have solved the problem in limited testing, but would still appreciate feedback if possible.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:23 pm

It's possible this was an iOS issue. iOS 9 has had various audio interface issues similar to what you describe. Are you using 9.3 now?

Rim

IndustrialOkie

Post by IndustrialOkie » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:58 am

I did install pro a little after allowing the latest update. After reinstalling Auria I haven't yet had a problem. If it pops up again I'll report back.