Mackie MCU Pro

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Mackie MCU Pro

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun May 22, 2016 4:33 am

My new Mackie MCU Pro that I purchased as the main MCU/HUI controller is not working properly. In Mackie Control mode NOTHING doesn't even turn on. In logic mode neither the channel strip or the plugin can be controlled as well as there are no VU meters. In HUI mode things work a little better like I actually have VU meters and I can control the channel strip but no access to the plugin. Cant open the channel strip in HUI mode but by pressing Vpot 5 the channel strip will go away. Mutes and solos only work on the first 8 channels so when banking over to the next 8 channels the mutes from the first 8 channels are still there in the next bank. The two extenders don't work but are seen in the midi settings page and can be connected but can't be controlled. It would be great to choose more than one remote and to choose the order in which they are controlled just like in Logic Pro settings. Lots of work needs to be done to the HUI or MCU control in Auria Pro for this to be a worthwhile investment as a control surface for Auria Pro. I had high hopes that this would work as advertised here on the forum but this is not the case. I will be doing a vid on this to demystify all the talk about this controller being used with Auria. Looking into this is really important as this has always been the recommended controller of choice for Auria.

Radside
Expert

Re: Mackie MCU Pro

Post by Radside » Sun May 22, 2016 11:22 am

I couldn't get my Behringer X Touch units it to work either although another member posted that he had much better luck.

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Sun May 29, 2016 1:46 am

Have you guys got your controllers worked out? I'm having issues with mine too.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun May 29, 2016 7:28 am

Not sure which controller you have but mine is a Mackie MCU Pro and 2 extenders. I really don't have any issues other than there are many features that don't work and some work but limited or strangely. I am able to use my controller but there are some things that I mentioned above that are not useable and would be nice to have working. Hope you sort out your issues. if you have an mcu pro and can't get it to work I can at least guide you to get it to work as far as mine is set. Cheers and good luck.

pmargen

Post by pmargen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi folks,
I'm new to Auria and the form and have been trying to set up a control surface that will work. So far, I have tried the following:
Korg Nanokontrol Studio (bluetooth)
Korg NanoKontrol
Novation Launch Control
Novation Launch Key 25
So far, I have only been able to get the Nanokontrol to work when set to ProTools and connected directly to the ipad. It won't work if I plug it into my focusrite itrack dock, even if I use a powered USB hub.

I would like to use the Novation launch control or launch keys. I asked Novation how to accomplish this and they sent me the following reply. Has anyone been able to get this to work or know anything about Midi learning or maps for auria?

Louie Gonzalez (Novation )
9 Nov, 05:00 GMT

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out to us. As it turns out, the Launchkey 25 and the Launch Control do not use Mackie HUI. You will need to use a MIDI Learn Function or MIDI Learn in Auria. If you are looking for a controller that does the Launch Control XL does have HUI capability. I would also advise reaching out to Auria so that they can assist with MIDI Learning or MIDI Mapping should it be possible.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Peter,
In the Auria Settings> MIDI tab, change remote protocol to: Mackie HUI
Under LaunchKey InControl- change 'send/receive notes' to 'send/receive remote'.
This gets you:
-The transport working on the Launchkey keyboard
-Auto assigns the faders to the corresponding channel volume faders
-The button below the faders becomes the channel mute/solo
-Button 9 will toggle between mute and solo
-The knobs will default to pan knobs.
-The two round pads to the right of the square pads will change the bank (by 8 channels) to control the next 8 channels with the faders and knobs.

Right now you can not fully MIDI map Auria, so everything you can control by default is what you will be able to control and that is it. But, with inserts like the FabFilter Twin2, everything can be fully MIDI mapped to your custom specifications on the Launchkey. Other 3rd party apps may also allow you to fully MIDI map their software.

I have a Nanokontrol Studio on its way so I can get you more info on that hopefully next week.

-Corey

c0wfunk
Expert

Post by c0wfunk » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:42 am

Trying to get this to work with a launch control xl and I followed the above. Does anyone have this working? Tried all 8 factory templates.