ipad connection to PA system.

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

eddie

ipad connection to PA system.

Post by eddie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:14 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to record my backing tracks on Auria pro. I want to use the backing track on a gig. How do I connect the Ipad to the PA system? Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Good day to all.
Eddie

Corey W
Expert

Re: ipad connection to PA system.

Post by Corey W » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:04 am

Hi Eddie,
You have a few choices to get your iPad output to the PA. This also depends on the board that is hooked up to the PA, as many boards offer many choices for input.
The easiest (but least recommended) is to go 1/8" out of the iPad straight to dual 1/4" into the board outputting to the PA. If you are going to go this route, get an appropriate DI Box, like the Radial ProAV or something similar so you can convert the signal outputting to a better level and you will then be able to output using XLR to go straight into the board.
The other option is to get a simple USB interface with stereo outputs that you can then run out to the board. You can check out the list of compatible interfaces here: http://wavemachinelabs.com/Support/auri ... interfaces

If there is a specific board hooked up to the PA let me know what it is and I can provide a more specific answer.

eddie

Re: ipad connection to PA system.

Post by eddie » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi Corey W,
Sorry for my late reply. Thank you so much for the quick reply to my inquiry, it has been a big help. Eddie