Apogee Duet iOS 9.2 compatibility

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MigZ

Re: Apogee Duet iOS 9.2 compatibility

Post by MigZ » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:18 am

I agree about 96k not sounding noticeably better than 44.1. It takes up so much more memory with (at least for me) no benefit). When I started using Auria, I created a few projects 96k thinking I might as well use it if its available but ended up transferring most of my files into 44.1k projects because I was running out of memory. Anyway, I'm just going to keep moving forward with my 44.1k projects and hopefully I won't run into anymore problems. From my brief experience recording on a Mac I would definitely say that it's more predictable and stable. That being said, when my Auria set up works it's perfect for my needs. I love how fast and simple the touch screen can be. Using a mouse really makes me miss my old fostex x26 4track.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:29 pm

when I got my Duet 2 I borrowed several expensive microphones and made some 96 kHz recordings, just to see/hear what excellent interface I have. At last, after all those years, including 4- and 8-track cassette recorders and 2-track DAT which was limited to 44.1/48 kHz, I finally could make high-end recordings.

Soon I lost interest in these advanced capabilities, although they are great if you can afford the extra effort. Today it's not so important anymore to me. Good to know to have it if you need to capture every nuance of a singer or instrumentalist. Now I record generally in 44.1 for practical reasons just like you mentioned. And even started to use my Tascam 238 again (also for other reasons, like printing tempo variations to tape and other tricks).

Dwayne
Expert

Post by Dwayne » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:00 am

Anyone updated from iOS 9.2 to 9.3? Has Apple fixed the crackles?