MIDI with Roland v-drums

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Timw4

MIDI with Roland v-drums

Post by Timw4 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:22 am

Hello to all this is my first post I wonder if anyone can please help!!!

I want to record the midi from my Roland v-drums TD-15 to my iPad pro which is running Auria pro, I'm told by Roland in the uk it can't be done not even using there own UM one mk2 cable. I've been using the old Auria for a while now recording bands with my focusrite 18i20 so I know the Auria system. So can anyone please tell me how to set it up even if I run the midi into the 18i20 and then into the iPad I'm not worrie how I do it just want to get it right.

Regards

Tim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: MIDI with Roland v-drums

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:35 am

As long as you can get MIDI into Auria, you should have no trouble recording it. Typically, it's just a matter of adding a MIDI track, choosing a drum instrument, then pressing the record enable button. By default, all incoming MIDI should automatically be heard when you play it.

Rim

Timw4

Post by Timw4 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:33 am

That's my problem how do I get the midi into Auria?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:37 am

Does your VDrums have an old fashioned MIDI jack on the back (big round connector)? If so, you can plug that into an iOS compatible MIDI interface. Some audio interfaces also have MIDI connectors on the back.

Rim

xelayb

Post by xelayb » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:39 am

HI,

I've V-DRUMS TD-11kv and I use M-Audio Fastrack Pro to connect the Auria/iPAD and work fine to record midi. In Auria you must create a midi empty track and in mixer mode select input. If your 18i20 was recognized by Auria the midi interface from 18i20 must be showed. After it, in FX button choice Lyra edrum, then pressing the record enable button and play your v-drums. Check if the track will be received the midi signal.

(Of course I think you have a MIDI cable connected from MIDI OUT of V-drums to MIDI IN 18i20, and connected to the iPAD. ;-) .... )

I hope you can solve
Regards,