Soundcraft Signature

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Washboy
Expert

Re: Soundcraft Signature

Post by Washboy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:43 pm

Real wrote:Could you please clarify the ROLE Of the USB HUB. I have plugged my Signature 12 MTK direct to my IPAD using the CCK with the USB HUB and it seems to record fine??

Is this only for charging purposes?

Thanks,
The powered hub is needed to provide sufficient USB bus power to power the Signature 12. The iPad cannot supply sufficient USB bus power alone and iOS would complain that the attached USB device requires too much power, if attached directly to the Signature 12 via CCK. The powered USB hub does not provide power to charge the iPad.

Sometimes a simple un-powered USB hub will fool the iPad that the attached USB device doesn't require much power. However, this can drain your iPad's battery very quickly. A lot depends on the particular USB hub and the device attached. It's not foolproof. A powered hub is more reliable.

Real

Post by Real » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:54 pm

thanks for the clarification.

Martinlover

Post by Martinlover » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:23 pm

new member and 1st post
Just got a sig 22 MTK.

can you return Mix output from Auria to mixer thru USB ?

Thanks

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:40 am

Real wrote:Could you please clarify the ROLE Of the USB HUB. I have plugged my Signature 12 MTK direct to my IPAD using the CCK with the USB HUB and it seems to record fine??

Is this only for charging purposes?

Thanks,
No this is not for charging. You can use the latest iOS usb connector that charges your iPad while in use. The reason you don't need a powered usb hub with the Soundcraft MTK22 is because the mixer has it's own power therefore the iPad does not need to power the MTK22. Powererd USB hubs are used with iOS when connecting an audio interface that is solely powered by USB. Like the Orion 32, Audient iD22, Motu 24ao ect... All these have power and do not require a powered usb hub. The MTK22 falls into this catagory. Cheers and this helps.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:49 am

Martinlover wrote:new member and 1st post
Just got a sig 22 MTK.

can you return Mix output from Auria to mixer thru USB ?

Thanks
I answered this question for you on another one of your posts. All your audio routing is through the usb port only so the answer is yes you can. You send the mix out of AuriaPro to the MTK22 to any of your available channels on the MTK22.
Cheers and good luck.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:03 pm

Corey W wrote:Yep. All good. The boards are all fully functional with iOS and work and sound great. Both the MTKs and non-MTK Signature boards have been added to the interface compatibility list.

-Corey
Hi Corey I just purchased a Signature Series 12 MTK. I can record any track I want but there is no playback. In Fact the Soundcraft Series 12 MTK wont play anything back from the iPad. My question is to you or anyone using the MTK12 if they can get audio to play out the MTK12. All the inputs and outputs show up on the matrux and as I said I can choose any input I want but I cannot get any sound out. I may have a dud so this is why Im asking. Works as it should on my macbook Pro. Cheers and thanks.

Duanew

Post by Duanew » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:36 am

Just my 2 cents. I'm Looking real hard at the mtk12 or 22. When you want to playback something you've recorded on Auria I think there's a usb button at the top of each channel on the mtk that you have to depress in order for it to come through. Have you tried that?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:26 am

Duanew wrote:Just my 2 cents. I'm Looking real hard at the mtk12 or 22. When you want to playback something you've recorded on Auria I think there's a usb button at the top of each channel on the mtk that you have to depress in order for it to come through. Have you tried that?
Yep even with the usb button pressed I still get no audio returning to the board. I've cintacted Souncraft support to see if this is a regular problem. It works as it should on my macbook pro but not my iPad. I'm currious because the mixer has been added to the interface list by Corey. It will work for me because all I need is to record a live show to multitracks and that it does it just wont playback anything. Cheers

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:39 am

When I originally tested the board all functions, including the USB Returns worked well. I am not sure what may have changed that would have broken that functionality. Let me get the board out and run some tests again.

-Corey

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:05 am

Corey W wrote:When I originally tested the board all functions, including the USB Returns worked well. I am not sure what may have changed that would have broken that functionality. Let me get the board out and run some tests again.

-Corey
Thanks Corey sounds great. It could be an iOS 10 problem as there is no app that plays out of the unit so its not an Auria problem. Cheers and looking forward to what you find. Thanks again

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:12 pm

Thanks Anthony, really good info to know. I will get in touch with my contact at Soundcraft and see what they have to say.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Soundcraft Signature RESOLVED

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:10 am

Corey W wrote:Thanks Anthony, really good info to know. I will get in touch with my contact at Soundcraft and see what they have to say.
Hi Corey, I found out what was wrong with my usb playback. Seems I needed to toggle off mute of the Bell in control centre. Once I did this the usb audio returns work great. Thanks for your time. I can now do a tutorial of the MTK12 and AuriaPro. Very cool. Cheers

JoeF01

Post by JoeF01 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:34 am

Anthony Alves wrote:
Corey W wrote:Thanks Anthony, really good info to know. I will get in touch with my contact at Soundcraft and see what they have to say.
Hi Corey, I found out what was wrong with my usb playback. Seems I needed to toggle off mute of the Bell in control centre. Once I did this the usb audio returns work great. Thanks for your time. I can now do a tutorial of the MTK12 and AuriaPro. Very cool. Cheers
What do you mean by toggle off mute of bell in control centre?

crony

Post by crony » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:25 am

JoeF01 wrote:
Anthony Alves wrote:
What do you mean by toggle off mute of bell in control centre?
I'm looking for some info on that mixer, so interested with the answer also...
Also, may I insert that way some effects from the iPad to different aux ? Then they could be applied to any analog inputs.
Finally, do you monitor your usb output from the ipad to a proper channel ? That's for playing with the EQ of the mixer...Or apply the internal effect eventually.

I might be going for the 16 non MTK version, so here I won't be able to use at insert for sure, but what about having the USB on an analog channel ? (maybe by sending it to a subgroup ?)

Thanks !