can seem to get USB to work ?

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rockon55

can seem to get USB to work ?

Post by rockon55 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Thanks in advance for you help - Just new to Auria (and this sorry if this is a very basic question. Just cant seem to find solution). Just cant get my USB keyboard ( a Nord Electro ) to be recognized in Auria. I have it connected from NORD USB to Camera connection to Ipad - I Understand the indicator light should change from INT to USB but can not get this working. Even with Input matrix it wont activate. What am I doing wrong ? Does it need to be routed through a audio interface ?
thank you !!!

martygras
Expert

Re: can seem to get USB to work ?

Post by martygras » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Is the usb on the Nord considered to be fully USB 2 compliant? I believe that is the requirement for any interface to work on iPads and iPhones.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:51 pm

I suspect you'll find that your Nord will be recognised by iOS as a USB MIDI device but, unless it happens to be a class-compliant audio interface as well, iOS (and thus Auria) won't see it as an audio device. In which case you're right, you will need to route the audio through an audio interface.

BTW, if you go to Auria's MIDI settings page (Menu->Settings->MIDI (Tab)), you should see your Nord listed there - as a MIDI device.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:14 am

In order for you to see the blue USB in Auria you must be using an audio input device like a Focusrite 2i2 or any other class compliant usb audio interface. Your Nord Electro is a midi keyboard and not an audio device. Auria currently has no midi so there is nothing you can do in Auria with your keyboard except to trigger the transport controls via MTC or MMC as well as to send CC data to any Fabfilter plugin. Since Auria currently has no midi this is all that you can do with just a midi keyboard. Once Auria's midi is introduced this spring you will be able to use your Nord Electro with Auria. If you can play any ios synth with your Nord Electro than your midi keyboard is already class compliant just not an audio interface. Cheers and hope this helped.
~~_/)~~~*

rockon55

Post by rockon55 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:53 pm

Hey Guys - thank you all so much for your reply's and help on this. I guess I will be shopping this weekend for a compliant Audio Interface ! I see there are lots of options so will do my homework. Again thanks again folks. Much appreciated !
Have a great weekend !
Rock on !
Chris