Scarlett Mixcontrol app for IPad?

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

JeanPapa

Scarlett Mixcontrol app for IPad?

Post by JeanPapa » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:47 am

Hey everyone,
I use a scarlett 6i6 to record my Rhodes and Moog on Auria, and I'd like to know if people at Focusrite plan to create a mixcontrol app, that would be very convenient...

Washboy
Expert

Re: Scarlett Mixcontrol app for IPad?

Post by Washboy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:41 am

That question has been asked quite often around here. Focusrite's response seems to be (to paraphrase), "if there's enough demand, we'll consider it so contact us directly and let us know that you want it".

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... rol#p34333

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:37 pm

I've stopped recommending Focusrite interfaces to a number of users for this very reason. I am even considering replacing my unit with, say, RME, or possibly the Steinberg...each has an iPad config app.

@Katherine, with all due respect...no need to reply herewith unless you intend to inform us that Focusrite is indeed rolling out its iPad config app for all iPad-compatible models.

I won't hold my breath...over & out.

Mike

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:51 pm

I feel exactly the same :(

jg707
Expert

Post by jg707 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:50 pm

I have to say I love my 8i6 for live recording into Auria for live gigs, but yes, the lack of support (or even interest) on Focusrite's part is disheartening. I also use this interface with Pro Tools 11 (sorry Rim!!) and while it works well, I may replace it as the interface of choice for both my iPad and PC projects...

Any suggestions as to a single interface that works well in both environments?

Joepno

Post by Joepno » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:37 am

I am considering to swap my 18i20 into RME for the same reason- despite the extra cost.

peteT
Expert

Post by peteT » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Since Focusrite now have their own hardware and software interests (with their iPad Dock gadget) they have given up on anything to do with Scarlett interfaces and the iPad. See it as some sort of conflict of interest if you like. This thread would appear to suggest many are now giving up on Focusrite in favour of RME for use with the iPad.

What a shame, they started .............. but never followed through .............. same applies to stable 96k recording on the iPad and use of external ADAT inputs.

If there is no will by Focusrite they are the losers. When people move away from them for other units they may never come back, so Focusrite lose on custom from people who use other daws aswell. I am sure there are many who are using Auria alongside other DAWs.

peteT

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:28 pm

I change my interface a few months ago to the UR44 and i love it. I had a Scarlett i818, had nothing but problems with my iPad and and also on my MAC. Haven't regret making the change.
Love the RME but for price and what you get the UR44 is a good deal.

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Thinking of putting my Scarlett 18i8 on kijiji too. I would prefer a simpler interface that has full iPad support...