Focusrite 18i20 Routing Issues

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rodrigo.bonfim

Focusrite 18i20 Routing Issues

Post by rodrigo.bonfim » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi. I'm having some issues about how to correctly route my 18i20 interface.

I creat an project with several multi tracks and I'm trying to get all my subgroups in a different output. But, I'm getting unsuccessful results. When Master is assigned to Outputs 1&2 the sound signal are going also to Outputs 3&4. I try to configure on my PC with MixControl, but I not achieve the results I expected.

Only to have no doubts, I want to be able to assign subgroup/Aux1&2/Master to any Outputs I wanted to...

Can someone help me with this issue?

Chaosinside777
Expert

Re: Focusrite 18i20 Routing Issues

Post by Chaosinside777 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:55 pm

First, you have to configure the Routing via Mix Control . I suggest to use the new beta Software From Focusrite, because the Save to Hardware Function does Not work properly with the officially released Firmware at the Moment. Focusrite replied to my Email that it was a Bug a few weeks ago.

After that you should be able to configure the Output Routing in the Output Matrix in Auria.

rodrigo.bonfim

Re: Focusrite 18i20 Routing Issues

Post by rodrigo.bonfim » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:52 am

Thanks for replying, Chaosinside777.

I upgraded the firmware last saturday and since then the MixControl's function "Save to Hardware" is working well with Auria. I will test another routing settings along this week and post here the results.

Regards.