Help/Warning IOS 7.1 with Duo Capture!!!

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

tempest

Help/Warning IOS 7.1 with Duo Capture!!!

Post by tempest » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:48 am

My Roland Duo Capture EX (UA 22) is no longer compatible with my ipad since upgrading to IOS 7.1. As soon as I plug it in it pops up message (this device (UA22) is not supported). Tried it with my old IPAD 2 and IPAD Air. There appears to be no driver on Rolands site for IPAD, only for Windows and Mac. So I guess I will use my IRig for a bit, or do some tedious file transferring from my hard disk recorder.

Wish I would not have upgraded now, but searching the internet it seems difficult to impossible to downgrade. I am probably calling MAC today. Anyone have anything that could help me would be appreciated.

Does anyone have an audio interface that works with 7.1?

Erik dP
Expert

Re: Help/Warning IOS 7.1 with Duo Capture!!!

Post by Erik dP » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:04 am

Once I think I read in the manual that the switch on the back should be on one of the three options to work with IPAD. Though I think I also read once that it didn't matter. If so, can that have changed with 7.1? Try the switch.
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

tempest

Re: Help/Warning IOS 7.1 with Duo Capture!!!

Post by tempest » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:11 am

I feel kinda silly, but that was the problem! I never messed with that switch before so I don't know how it got changed, but I guess it did when I tried to flip the phantom power switch maybe. Anyway, thanks for the advice. Had me worried for a half day.