Apogee One

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

djjuniorpops
Expert

Apogee One

Post by djjuniorpops » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:01 am

Have anyone tried the Original Apogee One with a power hub

jg707
Expert

Re: Apogee One

Post by jg707 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:23 am

I haven't used the One, but I am using their Jam and find it sounds the best of everything I've used so far...if that helps :)

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:44 pm

It's not Class Compliant, so I don't think it will work. I have one, and I haven't even tried it. Give me 24 hours and I'll give it a go, but I don't think you're in luck.

Dominic

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:46 pm

I use it all the time. Works fine with a powered hub. Needs Garage Band for switching input. It looks like GB has some kind of dedicated control meny for the original One. If e.g. 48v mic is set, this setting vill be kept until changed. Garageband is only needed when switching and doesn't need to be up and running while using Auria.

Also works on my Iphone 4s.

Here is a song with 48 V phantom powered Röde NT2a with Apogee One and Ipad 3 and Auria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYmdFLT9zG0

Here is a video taken with the Ipad 3 using the built in Apogee One mic. The One is just outside the picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKhzLubpkyU
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

miguelmarcos
Expert

Post by miguelmarcos » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:25 am

Just wanted to add some data to this thread, in case it's useful for anyone. I own the original Apogee One. I use it all the time on my iPad, using Garageband as the function selector, as Erik dP pointed out.

I've also achieved portable nirvana with the original Apogee One, getting it to work via a USB hub powered by an external USB battery, a Mophie powerstation duo in this case. The worst part of getting this to work was locating a compatible cable between the hub and the battery: You need a USB type A connector on one end and a DC plug on the other that matches your powered hub.

I realize the new Apogee One can sport AAs inside which provide power. This is really nice if you're not hooking up additional USB devices (like a USB MIDI keyboard) and also because it has suddenly become a superb and pretty portable headphone amp. My issue was shelling out the additional money. I concluded I didn't need the higher sampling rate, either. If I did have the cash to splurge, I would probably go for the new one.