Interface Advice

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MarkW

Interface Advice

Post by MarkW » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Ok, I am fairly new at this. I am looking for an interface that can accommodate two sets of headphones with the ability to control the mix on each one. My brother is a drummer and I attempt to play the guitar with him. We just do basement recording, nothing professional. I am thinking that the two aux sends in Auria would work, but not sure how to get the signals out to independent headphones (we could adjust each track to our liking, right?) . I see that the Fosusrite 6i6 has two headphone jacks, but not sure how the controls work with that interface. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. Would prefer at least 8 inputs, so the 6i6 is limited, I know, but would consider less and upgrade later until we get the configurations figured out. Budget is under $500.

jsol
Expert

Re: Interface Advice

Post by jsol » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:57 am

Focusrite 18i20. Under 5 hundred on amazon. Check prices online. Guitar center will match if you want the device immediately likewise in other brick and motar stores. It has 2 head jacks as well as plenty of inputs, and digital ins and outs for expansion.

Cheers.

JS

MarkW

Re: Interface Advice

Post by MarkW » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I have been looking at that one. It seems to fit the bill. Will probably order from Sweetwater soon. Thanks again