Focusrite Pro 40 MacBook Pro 2013

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

theeproducer

Focusrite Pro 40 MacBook Pro 2013

Post by theeproducer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:42 am

Hi, I just bought a Focusrite Pro 40 and since it suggested I buy a thunderbolt adapter to firewire (since my macbook doesn't have firewire I did), but it didn't come with a firewire 400 to 800 cable. So I bought a Rocketfish FireWire 800 Cable with 6Pin Adapter... but it didn't work. I don't know if it because the of the adapter or what? I heard that you could burn out the firewire in the back but I don't think I have I just bought the unit brand new.

BGR
Expert

Re: Focusrite Pro 40 MacBook Pro 2013

Post by BGR » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:43 am

Focusrite WebPage wrote:All of Focusrite's FireWire interfaces are fully compatible with Thunderbolt using simple FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter. Focusrite fully supports the use of Thunderbolt with our FireWire interfaces.
That is from the focusrite page. Maybe you should try with the Firewire to Thunderbolt adapter in any case.

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:20 pm

theeproducer wrote:Hi, I just bought a Focusrite Pro 40 and since it suggested I buy a thunderbolt adapter to firewire (since my macbook doesn't have firewire I did), but it didn't come with a firewire 400 to 800 cable. So I bought a Rocketfish FireWire 800 Cable with 6Pin Adapter... but it didn't work. I don't know if it because the of the adapter or what? I heard that you could burn out the firewire in the back but I don't think I have I just bought the unit brand new.
You should join the club with this guy, who also has only one post on this forum:
Electronicaz wrote:Hi there.... I have this "crackling" issue usually after waking my MAC PRO from sleep and then recording through my IO2.... any suggestions??? I usually don't remember to check 1st, but once I notice the problem, removing and then re-connecting the USB cable into it solves the problem.... But of course it would be nice if there was a way of preventing this at all! Thanks.

Katherine_Focusrite
Expert

Post by Katherine_Focusrite » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi guys!

The Rocketfish cable with adapter set never works.

I get calls about it all the time.

Just use a plain 6 pin to 9 pin cable.

If you did not get one let me know your mailing address and serial number of the unit and I will send you one.

Best Regards
Katherine Kaplan // Focusrite Technical Support

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/