How to keep FocusRite 18i8 channels inst

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

garnold
Expert

Re: How to keep FocusRite 18i8 channels inst

Post by garnold » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:31 pm

I tried this work around and had no luck :( I really didn't think this would be such a pain to deal with but I'm constantly having to replug the 18i8 into my laptop to just set those channels. It's quite the bummer. I told support about the no go on this fix but have not heard back yet.

Katherine_Focusrite wrote:Hi Everyone,

Our Development Team is looking into why this issue is happening. It seems to relate to filling up the memory on the unit.

However we have a work around for you to get this running for you now.

First connect the unit to your computer. Create your desired setup.

In MixControl hit File > Save As...

Save this Snapshot to your Desktop or somewhere you can find it easily. I called my 18i8Save.18i8.

In MixControl hit File > Clear All Settings. This will clear all routing and empty the Mixer, etc.

Locate the Saved file on your Desktop and open it.

In MixControl hit File > Save to Hardware.

This method of first Clearing the settings seems to get the memory cleaned up and the unit retains the settings.

Look out for a future fix to this problem on our Beta Website: http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/scarlett_mixcontrol/

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you guys.

Best Regards.
MikeDee wrote:I truly wish that Focusrite would get around to developing a MixControl app (even if stripped down/bare bones) for the iPad to allow saving to hardware and loading files containing saved settings. My stage setup is extremely tight; there is no room for a laptop. (Even then, having to use a laptop for the sole purpose of transferring MixControl settings to hardware is overkill.)
Hi MikeDee,

This is a feature that has been heavily requested. The Development Team is aware of the high demand for it and I will add your name to the list of requests. Thanks for your feedback!

garnold
Expert

Post by garnold » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:29 am

Sadly I still have not heard back from support :(

actualproof
Expert

Post by actualproof » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:04 am

They might be closed over the weekends. I would give it another day. When I get back into town later today (finally), I'll check my version of Mix Control and let you know. Once I got it saved once, I had no further problem. Of course, I haven't had to change it at all, because I just set it up for my particular needs and went with it. Been a nice friendship so far, although I can imagine I would be quite frustrated if I were sharing your experience.

Matt.Focusrite

Post by Matt.Focusrite » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:37 am

Just wanted to post to let everyone know that the previously posted workaround does indeed work. If you continue to have trouble, please contact Focusrite Support via this link:

http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact