Soundcraft Mixing desk

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ThornsdaleBob

Soundcraft Mixing desk

Post by ThornsdaleBob » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:31 am

I've been using Auria for a while via a Scarlett 18i6.
We have just upgraded our mixer to a Soundcraft Expression ( would also apply to Performer and other Soundcraft desks) with Multi-digital io card.
Plugged iPad direct into this card and Auria does not see the outputs from the desk or the inputs to it.
Has anyone got this combination to work or have any ideas?

dominicperry
Expert

Re: Soundcraft Mixing desk

Post by dominicperry » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:32 am

Are you sure the Soundcraft is Class Compliant? I can see that Soundcraft do their own iPad apps, but that doesn't necessarily mean the desk will work with all iPad apps.
And, are you using a genuine Apple CCK?

Dominic

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:54 am

I downloaded the MultiDigital IO User Guide and the Application guide. No mention of iPad or Class Compliance there at all. I don't know how they are expecting the iPad to connect for their own control apps, but I don't think it's through the USB port; they're probably expecting wireless connectivity, so you can wander around and control things in different parts of the auditorium/audience. It doesn't look like they are expecting you to record from USB with iPad, only with Mac and PC (the latter with drivers you must download).
So, I'm guessing you're out of luck here I'm afraid.

Dominic

ThornsdaleBob

Post by ThornsdaleBob » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Thanks Dominic, I'll email Soundcraft to see if it's compliant or if they could make it so. Looks like I might have to dig out the old laptop and start using mouse and keyboard again boo-hoo.

I am using an Apple CCK - already been through that problem when I was using the 18i6 and bought two USB hubs before I realised my third party CCK wasn't up to it!

Thanks again for your help.