Apogee One only records two tracks as one stereo track??

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

FireDean

Apogee One only records two tracks as one stereo track??

Post by FireDean » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:40 pm

Just bought the Apogee One ...Ive attached my new condencer mic and guitar to the xlr and 1/4 conversion split cable.
Technically it is recording two tracks but does so by splitting into stereo signal ...I assume Auria just sees one stereo input signal and as such assigns it ONE track ...thus removing any ability for me to then isolate these (guitar and vocal) into two tracks with separate eq's, effects, etc,...

Is there any way to send two signals from Apogee One to two separate Auria tracks? Perhaps I need to make a change to my Input Matrix?? Or maybe I need to connect via USB?

I have the latest Apogee One, a brand new iPad Air, and just bought Auria. ( all new as of Jan 1, 2014)

If there is no way to correct, will Auria record two tracks simultaneously with Apogee Duet?

Thanks for responding and sorry if these questions redundant, I couldnt find any references to this issue in any of the forums here.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Apogee One only records two tracks as one stereo track??

Post by Rim » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Yes, there's an easy way to do that. When you add a track to Auria, add a mono track, not a stereo track (the "add track" box gives you a choice). Then, in the input matrix, you can choose which tracks your inputs should get assigned to for recording.

Rim