Made for iPad from Focusrite

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Re: Made for iPad from Focusrite

Post by mtingle » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:01 am

could this interface be the answer to everyones needs?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mixer ... /x/1853770

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:40 am

No midi. So, no, not for everyone. It looks good though.

Dominic
Last edited by dominicperry on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:17 am

I have a question for Katherine:

how does the monitoring work on this if there is no mix knob? With direct monitoring how do you control the playback level of the DAW vs the live vocal or instrument?

peterjade

Re: Made for iPad using Alesis Dock i/O

Post by peterjade » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:02 am

just one question
ALESIS I/0 dock for iPad works PERFECT with any iPad ( including lightning EASY adapter)
it gets MIDI I/0 , audio separate controls AND outs for monitoring AND mastering OR rerecording out from different level to 2 different hardwares ( monitor PLUS another DAW recorder of feeding PC - LIVE 9-,VSTI and any remix back to Auria
AURIA can match IDock with its perfect midi matrix with sync master/ slave ( MTC -clock- even chase depending Master software) Midi keyboard can PLAY Without latency problem ( Auria 126 samples) : using MIDI VSTI into one Auria stereo track insert) real time AND Record DOCK Audio ....stereo INS separate to another stereo track ( Auria can record in 4 separate tracks at once)

NO latency to play, rec these VSTI included APPS directly from inside AURIA track ( better than using Audiobus)
No sound problem: any [*]serious engineer will use an external mixer including better mic/ phantom conversion if needed

SO ...WHY the hell such a Perfect (2/4 tracks live rec) solution matching Auria, (charging iPad !) DISAPPEARED ,???
With it ( linked to amazingly ALSO disappeared Edirol DX16) i can monitor back AND record separately FREELY ...
i can remix Auria until 17 stereo tracks Easy ( enough!) at 126/252/520 samples 48k and even 128 bits mixing... (iPad air needed!)
is there such a cheap NEW RACK ( more multi in/out) coming from ALESIS ?
considering the crasy price of focusrite Pro solutions...better buy Korg kronos to get BOTH full DAW possibilities :
midi rec, unlimited audio tracks, touch wave edit, USB save on 2 HD SSD....
NOTHING .BETTER FOR pro studio or creative keyboardist ...
UNLESS ALESIS WAKES UP.....Please DO....!

rowboat

Post by rowboat » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:14 pm

There's a ALESIS IO Dock II currently on the Alesis web site labelled as NEW.
Is this the new model??

Also a few other new models
http://www.alesis.com/recording

Shazamm
Expert

Post by Shazamm » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:18 pm

I'll be getting the IoDock 2

Katherine_Focusrite
Expert

Post by Katherine_Focusrite » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi richardyot,
how does the monitoring work on this if there is no mix knob? With direct monitoring how do you control the playback level of the DAW vs the live vocal or instrument?
With the Direct Monitor on you are hearing the live Gain of the Mic Pre or Line/Inst in. Set your headphone level to this. Then adjust the level of the playback track or tracks in the DAW.

Often, even in large computer based DAWs with large interfaces that do have more advanced Direct Monitoring, like MixControl, users have to lower a backing track as it is already mixed, mastered and at final level. Then in the mixing process they will raise the vocal or inst level via compression, eq, effects, etc and place it over the backing track.

I've done a few projects where I had to add a vocal to an already full mastered volume track. I set it about -20dB while tracking and then when mixing set it to -6 to -3dB to leave some headroom to add the new vocal.

Then add the vocal, master or finish them together with your final compression/limiting, lightly, bring them back up to final volume.
Katherine Kaplan // Focusrite Technical Support

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:27 pm

When would this be available Katherine

Matt.Focusrite

Post by Matt.Focusrite » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:33 am

Hi djjuniorpops,

The iTrack Dock should be available by the end of Q2 2014.