Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. How to be truly mobile.

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

superhunter2
Expert

Re: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. How to be truly mobile.

Post by superhunter2 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:34 am

What is the best order to connect and disconnect the interface? Plug everything in and then to iPad and the power it? Reverse order to disconnect? Turn off IPad? Thanks

fgplayerx
Expert

Post by fgplayerx » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:44 pm

superhunter2 wrote:What is the best order to connect and disconnect the interface? Plug everything in and then to iPad and the power it? Reverse order to disconnect? Turn off IPad? Thanks
I had not been online for a while.

I think it is best to have everything powered up before connecting the hub to the iPad. And while everything is still powered up, to disconnect the hub from iPad before everything else.

Greetings. I'm glad this option has hepled.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:22 pm

fgplayerx wrote:
superhunter2 wrote:What is the best order to connect and disconnect the interface? Plug everything in and then to iPad and the power it? Reverse order to disconnect? Turn off IPad? Thanks
I had not been online for a while.

I think it is best to have everything powered up before connecting the hub to the iPad. And while everything is still powered up, to disconnect the hub from iPad before everything else.

Greetings. I'm glad this option has hepled.
Not to be argumentative, but I guess I'm the reverse. I hook it all up including the powerbank, then start the iPad.
Additionally;
If you are going into a monitor setup then you would want that power amp on last. (and turned off first for shutdown)
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)