Griffin Studio Connect bit & sample rate

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ric4001

Griffin Studio Connect bit & sample rate

Post by Ric4001 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Just found one of these real cheap at Guitar Center. Does anyone know the bit rate and max sample rate this will handle? I want to be able to play my 24 bit/96k Auria projects and monitor through this. Can't find any info online about this.

Erik dP
Expert

Re: Griffin Studio Connect bit & sample rate

Post by Erik dP » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:51 am

...It is the "charging-Ipad" feature you want, right?

I think both the 30-pin and lightning-version of Studio Connect are 16-bit. At least that was my impression a year back when I read about the 30-pin version.

However, there is a new Griffin Studio Connect HD on the way, where HD may mean 24-bit. ...Or that it just have XLRs with 48V for better sound. Since this is a new version of the Studio Connect I do assume (not stated anywhere) that it has charging of Ipad as the two earlier/current models :

http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=16410

"iPad accessory makers Griffin offered us a sneak-peek at their upcoming two-channel audio/MIDI interface and dock for the iPad, the Studio Connect HD. Its open-top design means that you don't have to remove your iPad from its case in order to use it, which is a criticism that's been leveled at several other docks of this type.

The dock features two combi mic/line inputs and individual phantom power on each channel. It also features minijack headphone outs and stereo RCA phono outputs for connecting to external monitors. MIDI is well catered for with 5-pin DIN and USB in and out available, making this a perfect portable hub for iPad production work.

Thanks to a detachable cable arrangement, the Studio Connect HD is also compatible with both 30-pin and smaller lightning connectors, and can be used via a regular USB cable as an audio interface for your computer.

The Studio Connect HD should be shipping early next year and is set to have a price tag of around $149."

(On the same page Sonoma has announced three new interfaces (all are 24-bit), but on Sonomas homepage there is a 4th one: "StudioJack" which also seems to do what SC HD does: Charging Ipad while in use.

http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=16416

Both "Studio Connect HD" and "Studio Jack" (not the "Mini") seem to have: XLR w. 48V, Guitar in, Line in, Midi, Charging Ipad, delivered with USB + Lightning + 30-pin cords.)

...Hope that I'm not wrong in my findings. In that case please correct this post.
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

chrisjaren

Re: Griffin Studio Connect bit & sample rate

Post by chrisjaren » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:35 am

Just found one of these real cheap at Guitar Center. Does anyone know the bit rate and max sample rate this will handle? I want to be able to Griffin Studio Connect bit & sample rate.
design studio Singapore