Scarlett 18i8

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Janushka

Re: Scarlett 18i8

Post by Janushka » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:18 am

Yes Rim , you are right .
Excuse me.

I will focus on Focusrite to this subject.

Contacted them already .
If i have news i let you know.

Jan (Holland)

Katherine_Focusrite
Expert

Post by Katherine_Focusrite » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:07 pm

Hey guys!

Apologies for the delay caused here by the Thanksgiving holiday.

So the "Mappings" Files we offered were basically just snapshots of the Presets already available in MixControl to try and simplify things down.

If you want to use these just open MixControl and go to the button that says "Routing Preset..."

Choose "Ultra Low Latency" or "Zero Latency Tracking" if you want the Hardware Monitoring in the device itself. That would cause the doubling if you have Monitoring in Auria as well.

Choose "DAW Tracking" if you want all Monitoring through Auria. This would cause you to not hear inputs in the device if you didn't have a program open.

You can tell which one you are on as anything "Low Latency" would show Mix > Outputs and "DAW Tracking" you will see DAW > Outputs.

Then just hit Save to Hardware.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

If you are in need of faster response from Focusrite please feel welcome to contact us directly: http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Best regards.
Katherine Kaplan // Focusrite Technical Support

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/

Janushka

Post by Janushka » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Re: Focusrite Scarlett iPad Mapping
Postby Katherine_Focusrite » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:09 am

Hey guys!

Apologies for the delay caused here by the Thanksgiving holiday.

So the "Mappings" Files we offered were basically just snapshots of the Presets already available in MixControl to try and simplify things down.

If you want to use these just open MixControl and go to the button that says "Routing Preset..."

Choose "Ultra Low Latency" or "Zero Latency Tracking" if you want the Hardware Monitoring in the device itself. That would cause the doubling if you have Monitoring in Auria as well.

Choose "DAW Tracking" if you want all Monitoring through Auria. This would cause you to not hear inputs in the device if you didn't have a program open.

You can tell which one you are on as anything "Low Latency" would show Mix > Outputs and "DAW Tracking" you will see DAW > Outputs.

Then just hit Save to Hardware.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

If you are in need of faster response from Focusrite please feel welcome to contact us directly: http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Best regards.

Katherine_Focusrite
Expert

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:28 am

@Katherine Kaplan, I had suggested via email and phone that Focusrite release an iOS version of the Mix Control software.

This app need not be as elaborate as the PC version...all that would be required is to save a selected mapping to hardware; therefore, the app's footprint would be quite small. (The mapping files will have been transferred previously to the iPad via iTunes or iFunBox.)

As a result, the PC will no longer be required to save desired mappings to the iPad. Please give this request serious thought; it will add significant value to the Scarlett line of interfaces.

Thanks and regards,

Mike E. Dee
Palmatic Music (BMI)

Katherine_Focusrite
Expert

Post by Katherine_Focusrite » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:48 am

Thanks Mike!

We do have a list of customers who have inquired about this Feature Request. I will make sure your name is on it.

Best regards.

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:33 am

After checking out all the options, the Scarlett 18i8 seems like the most sensible audio interface to use with Auria. Before I go splash out the cash on this unit, I'd love to hear from users of the device as this will be my first audio interface.

- I have an Apogee USB Mic. If I get a USB hub, will I be able to use my mic with the 18i8?
- Can I use the 18i8 as an input for my guitar into Jampup?
- Does the headphone out monitor the input or the output from Auria?
- Will Auria be able to record 4 separate tracks from the 4 inputs simultaneously? (assume so, but just making sure :) )
- Are there any gotchas, limitations or pain points - beyond what's been mentioned on this forum?

Really appreciate any advice here as I'd hate to buy the wrong thing

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:32 pm

Checkrath wrote: - I have an Apogee USB Mic. If I get a USB hub, will I be able to use my mic with the 18i8?
I think that iOS currently supports only one USB audio device - so, it's one or the other. You'd need to use a regular mic, plugged into the 18i8.

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Thanks @washboy. Suspected as much :? Guess I need to add another condenser to the bill.. Going to be an expensive weekend

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Having a Scarlett MixControl app running on iPad would be awesome. Seeing that quite some time has passed since this was posted, is there any news on the Focusrite roadmap for this app?

Thanks,

Alex