audio interface choice

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

charrinho

audio interface choice

Post by charrinho » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:38 pm

hello, this is my first post, and I would like to know how to record my voice directly in auria with reverb plug in, while playing garageband or any other ipad sound app ? there is a lot of interfaces, I don't need a lot of outputs, but something that allows me to direct live mix and use live internal effects for my voice.
thanks by advance for your help

charrinho

Re: audio interface choice

Post by charrinho » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:02 pm

hello,
would someone answer my question please ?
there was 33 views and noone to help me ? :oops:

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi can i just ask, why do you need another app to play the music while recording
Can't you just import the music you want into Auria then record to that just using Auria 8)

charrinho

Post by charrinho » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:14 pm

thanks jus, in fact,
I would like to know if its technicaly possible to play a app ipad sound and to to record a voice with plug reverb in real time in aurian thru audiobus...... and what would the best interface for a stereo recording..... :? thanks for your advice..

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Tbh I've not tried this 8) so don't know

But guessing by looking at the capabilities of ios7 and the inter app audio support this would be possible

So setting input the matrix and enabling so many tracks you should be able to play a keyboard app (say nave) record that into one track and also using an interface record vocals into another track at the same time

Rim would need to confirm this as I'm guessing 8)