iPad 4: How to iPad 2/3 Camera Connection Kit?

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rayetheridge
Expert

iPad 4: How to iPad 2/3 Camera Connection Kit?

Post by rayetheridge » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:40 pm

I recently upgraded to a iPad 4. I hope the trade off over the iPad 3 will be worth it.

My main concern after my iPad 4 purchase is the fact that it has the lightning cable and not the older 30 pin. I have the camera connection kit but its the older 30 pin. Will I have to purchase a 30 pin to lightning converter linked with the camera connection kit I already have or is there a lighting camera connection kit for the new iPad? I really think it would be annoying to have the converter linked with my current connection kit because it would be prone to break the lightning pin considering the whole assembly would be elongated.

I've used the iPad 3 with MultiTrack DAW using the the Camera Connection kit and a powered USB hub in which it work flawlessly. I do not want to purchase Auria unless I have all the hardware I need to work with my iPad 4.

Chris M
Expert

Re: iPad 4: How to iPad 2/3 Camera Connection Kit?

Post by Chris M » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Hello,

There is a new CCK for the iPad 4--it can be found here: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821 ... r?fnode=3a

This will replace the 30-pin CCK when you're using the iPad 4.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs