Eleven rack

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ddkunde

Eleven rack

Post by ddkunde » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:42 am

Could the eleven rack be used as the audio interface? Just started using Auria last week with the focusrite Itrack solo. Lots of fun but unsure of other options I might have. Axe FX ii compatibility?

Thanks

GeorgeGelly

Re: Eleven rack

Post by GeorgeGelly » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:38 am

Yes I think you can definitely use it without any problem.Do share your work after you do that.

F1-Fanatic

Post by F1-Fanatic » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:01 pm

I also have an Eleven Rack, but never thought to use it with he iPad.. Any luck?

Yaroo

Post by Yaroo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:51 am

Will I be awarded a Golden Shovel for digging out a topic so old? ;)

I just bought an 11R and seems Auria cannot see it - what am I doing wrong? Has anyone ever succeeded connecting Eleven Rack to Auria and if so - how have you done it?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:19 pm

The Eleven rack will not connect via USB into an iPad as it is not CoreAudio compliant. Avid is proprietary and requires an Avid iLock key to operate with a computer. However the Eleven rack can be used with any iOS audio interface like you would use any guitar pedal, just take the audio outputs from the Eleven Rack and insert them into your iOS compatible audio interface and record directly into Auria. If your iOS audio interface has digital inputs in the format of SPDIF ( coaxial) or AES ( XLR ) then you can go direct from the digital outputs of the Eleven Rack into your audio interface. These are the only options of the Eleven Rack with iOS recording. The Axe FX 11 is not proprietary but reqiures a software patch for both Mac an PC so it is not core audio compliant ( means no audio driver is required ). Only the Fractal FX8 pedalboard is core audio compliant and can be used with iOS recording but there is no mic preamps in the unit just one instrument input. Not very practical as an audio interface IMHO. Cheers.

Yaroo

Post by Yaroo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:23 am

Thanks, Anthony. Not the reply I wanted, but at least I know why it doesn't and won't work...