lexicon Lambda problem?

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pakmanpdx

lexicon Lambda problem?

Post by pakmanpdx » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Hello fellow Auria users- I wonder if anyone is using the Lambda as an interface. I recently picked one up for cheap but really want to use it just for the fact that it has insert points on the mic inputs and I have some older quirky gear I would like to incorporate. My problem is that as soon as I fire up Auria, I get a very noticeable whine in the background- the unit is dead quiet otherwise- I am using phantom power for an AKG C3000 and running a lexicon VORTEX off the insert point. My M-audio interface is dead quiet but no inserts and I can't seem to find any interfaces that do incorporate aux or inserts without a work around- I'm looking at the Focusrite 8i6 as a possibility but with the 2 output limitation of the ipad this seems like it would not work either. Anybody have any suggestions?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: lexicon Lambda problem?

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Usually whine is die to a high frequency ground loop. Are you using a powered USB hub? Try a different make/model. That might solve it.

Rim

pakmanpdx

Post by pakmanpdx » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks Rim- the powered hub was my next thought as well- I switched out/replaced all the USB and mic cables- the hub (D-Link) was the final puzzle piece- I'll try a different brand.

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:48 pm

I'm pretty sure that I once read that Lexicon Lambda doesn't work with ipad like Lexicon Omega does.
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

pakmanpdx

Post by pakmanpdx » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Just a note to let you know that changing the hub did not work for the Lambda interface. I don't recommend it for use with Auria.