Behringer U-Control UCA202

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rossidrums

Behringer U-Control UCA202

Post by rossidrums » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Hey Rim, and other users!

I just purchased at U-Control, and plugged it into my iPad 4 to use with Auria. It's important to note that Auria was the only app open. I got a message saying that Audiobus (which, again, was not open) had encountered a known problem and everything had to be shut down. Ok. So, I did. Then I reset and plugged in again. Same problem. In total, I tried 6 different times. Twice, the actual iPad reset itself (Yikes!). The other four times, it didn't crash, but I still couldn't do anything. Any suggestions? Is this a known thing? I did try uninstalling the Audiobus app, and it still came up with that message in Auria, despite no longer being on my machine.

Also, once this is working, how will I be able to do two separate tracks? Do I just pan Track 1 on my board to the far left, Track 2 to the right, and then it'll read it that way?

Thanks, everyone!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Behringer U-Control UCA202

Post by Rim » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:15 am

You're describing a known iOS bug that happens to be something the Audiobus team identified (that's why the message mentions that). Have you updated your iPad to v6.1.3?

I;m not familiar with the U-Control, so I can't comment on how to set up the routing. Perhaps other users can chime in.

Rim

pitzipado
Expert

Re: Behringer U-Control UCA202

Post by pitzipado » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:16 am

Hello I have the older uca 200 and it works fine Auria recognizes two
channels no noise no hub required. There is a glitch if I connect it with headphones plugged into
the iPad the transport freezes but this is overcome by unplugging the phones
then replugging at which point the warning about " not recommended clicking
may occur" appears which I ignore because it doesn't click or if it does I can't
hear it. I'm running a 16 iPad 2 still on 5.1.1 iOS don't use audiobus. Here is a link
with more than you probably wanted to know about the uca 202:
http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/beh ... eview.html

Hope you can get it working. It certainly is a handy very portable interface and must be
about the least expensive one. I rescued mine from a trip to the landfill
jp