RME Babyface and direct monitoring

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

manuelcicca

RME Babyface and direct monitoring

Post by manuelcicca » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:44 am

Hello,

I was wondering whether there is a way to direct monitor my input signal (electric bass through amp modeller) without having to go through AURIA daw. I'm experiencing lots of latency . Also If I change my settings down to 128 smp then I experience many cracks and interruptions.

On a minor note even though the output of my precessor is stereo Auria seems to be outputting just the right channel.

I would really appreciate your help on this one.

Many thanks

Manuel

manuelcicca

Re: RME Babyface and direct monitoring

Post by manuelcicca » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:13 am

I think I've found a workaround.
Since Rme babyface does not support direct monitoring (or hardware monitoring) the only way is to let the signal pass through Auria.
What I do is

1- Open Setup Menu

2- Select lower possible latency (128 in my case). At this stage crackles and drop outs will make monitoring impossible.Pretty much every little change to any of the parameters in the setting page will cause this annoying issue.

3- Press the home button on the IPad so that Auria runs in the background.

4- Give it some time - a minute should do

5- Get Auria back to the foreground by double clicking the home button and selecting the app

Will drop a line to support and ask if that's how things are supposed to be or it is something on the 'to be fixed' list.