NEW Models of Apogee ONE, DUET and Quartet

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

will
Expert

NEW Models of Apogee ONE, DUET and Quartet

Post by will » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:24 am

In case you don't know:
The New Apogee One, Duet AND Quartet now work with Auria, and the Ipad.
THEY ALSO CHARGE THE IPAD WHEN IN USE!!!!! (sorry had to shout that one)

Go to the Apogee site:
http://www.apogeedigital.com/

ALMOST the icing on the cake - except I will continue with my RME Babyface because I am not restricted to Apple Devices.

But this is some very good news. It also opens the doors up to other interfaces with the ability to charge the bloody thing when in use. A major issue from the beginning.
Not sure what the older models will do.

Will.
Last edited by will on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

mandodon
Expert

Re: Apogee ONE, DUET and Quartet Now work with Auria and Ipa

Post by mandodon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:58 am

You can get 12 channels in with the Quartet plus ADAT, 10 with the Babyface. Focusrite has a new interface also, with 8 preamps and hardware knobs to set gain plus ADAT in for 16 tracks in. I think I'll hang on to my Presonus 1818 till we get some real world reviews of the new interfaces.

will
Expert

Re: Apogee ONE, DUET and Quartet Now work with Auria and Ipa

Post by will » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Yes. For me it is the fact that the device takes a long time to charge, requiring a full stop in the production process, that has made it hard to work with. Now with audiobus we can really push our batteries......Using an ipad or any tablet is great, but planning stops to recharge, or constantly having to check batery is hardly an ideal solution.
Personally i am waiting for the capability to connect to power when suitable, and output the display to something else, when appropriate. I suppose this is the direction of the surface pro. But i digress. And all that will happen in time.

I can attest that the babyface runs really well , and sound great - beacuse thats what i use here, and i have had not one issue with it. The downside is no "total mix" solution for ios. The apogees seem to have this equivallent, with their app, so its potentially faster to use, set sample rates and clocks etc.

baronluigi

Re: NEW Models of Apogee ONE, DUET and Quartet

Post by baronluigi » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:18 pm

The apogee quartet works great, same as with my Mac. The converters sound nice and the maestro app works the same as Mac.