Join of stereo audio events can lose one channel's audio

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Espiegel123
Expert

Join of stereo audio events can lose one channel's audio

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:21 pm

I haven't been able to come up with a 100% reproducible case, but I am finding that when working with stereo files, some combination of condense regions and join sometimes results in a file where the right channel is empty (a flat line). I have run into it a few times over the last couple of days but haven't been able to figure out the critical step that triggers it.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Join of stereo audio events can lose one channel's audio

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Just a tip. Never condense any regions untill you have completed all your editing. I take it your trying to conserve drive space by condensing your regions but this actually doesn’t work and can result in more disk space being used espesially if you have a ton of edits in that region. It is not possible to condense just one region. Condense region command applies this to all your regions and is destructive and not undoable. Also don’t condense midi regions.Cheers and good luck.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Join of stereo audio events can lose one channel's audio

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:18 pm

I would prefer not to use condense regions actually, but I need to use AudioCopy to do some out-of-auria processing of some of my audio regions. Currently, when using AudioCopy from Auria, the entire parent audio file is copied rather than the selected region.