Project Crash after Mixer Parameter Change

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

cumminsn

Project Crash after Mixer Parameter Change

Post by cumminsn » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:57 am

Hi Experts,
I experienced a project crash yesterday after making a change in Settings>Mixer from 32>64 Bit Mixer,the project reload then caused Auria Pro to crash on launch each time,ultimately resulting in total project loss after attempts to duplicate,rename etc.

Outside of the obvious moral of the story ie Save...Save...Save,a couple of questions:-

1. If a project is created in either case of using 32 or 64 bit Mixer,is this referenced somewhere within the audio files,so that trying to launch it in the other version causes a crash?

2.The other moral of the story is using Snapshots,which having read the user manual more fully,I could have utilised.How many snapshots is it possible t0 go back?

Many Thanks
Neil Cummins
Warrington
UK

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Project Crash after Mixer Parameter Change

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:01 am

Sorry to hear about that. 32 bit and 64 bit mode use separate code in the audio engine for maximum optimization, so it's possible there's an undiscovered bug somewhere in the 64 bit code that's causing your project to crash. Snapshots are automatically created every 10 minutes and there is no limit to the number of snapshots generated, so if it's a big project you may have hundreds of snapshots to choose from. I recommend going though them to see if there's a previous snapshot that may work.

The 32/64 bit setting is saved per project, and not in the audio files themselves.

Rim

cumminsn

Re: Project Crash after Mixer Parameter Change

Post by cumminsn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:06 am

Many Thanks Rim,
A lesson learned I suppose.

Fortunately,I managed to recover all but the guitar parts of the project,so some intensive recording work has restored the project to pre-crash status.

This was a small distraction in an otherwise superb product,made even better by the purchase of six FabFilter plugins.

Cheers

Neil C.