Auria Pro crashes on loading Overload plugins

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Trash
Expert

Auria Pro crashes on loading Overload plugins

Post by Trash » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:27 am

I am getting regular consistent crashes when I try to load the built-in Overloud plugin effects. I had experienced intermittent crashes on a previous build but usually a first attempt to load an effect might crash the app but then a subsequent attempt would work fine.
Currently (with the latest build) I am getting a crash every time I try to load the effect plugin and to make matters worse it seems to have somehow corrupted my list of available plugins - some of them have just disappeared from the list.
I've enclosed a screenshot which shows what is left from the default plugins list.

This is quite annoying as I had various Delay (mono) and reverb effects set up but now the project can't find them.

Also I would like to know

1 - What should I do about the Overloud crashes as it seems I can no longer rely on using these in their current state (is there a way of reininitalising them)

2 - How do I recover my default set of installed plugins

3 - What are the best alternatives to the Overloud plugins (as I seem to regularly have trouble with them)

I did send a couple of crash reports in via the in-app reporting tool so hopefully you should have these already. I am running the latest version of Auria Pro on an iPad Pro 10.5"

Many thanks.

P.s. Is there any way to search the forum for a phrase rather than just a word because I did try looking phrases like "Overloud crashes on loading" to see if there were any similar reports but everything I tried seemed to search for the individual words rather than the complete phrases...

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria Pro crashes on loading Overload plugins

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Thanks, I can let the developer of Overloud know. All the plugins are written and maintained by separate companies, so it'll be up to them to address the issue. Can you tell me which presets in particular are causing the issue? Have you tried creating a simple test project to see if it happens there as well (to rule out a problem with a specific project)?

Thanks,
Rim

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:28 am

@Rim
These crashes only happen on the latest beta of iOS 12. Once rolled back to iOS 11.4.1 Overloud THM is working as it should be again.

Trash
Expert

Post by Trash » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:49 am

Ah so I will have to wait until iOS 12 is fully supported.
I can’t roll back my device as I am involved in a specific iOS 12 test at the moment.

It’s a shame really because until this my iOS 12 beta experience has been pretty good.

I presume this is something you aim to fix before the official release...

Many thanks for getting back to me - it’s good to understand what is going on.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:55 pm

As all other plugins are currently working in Auria Pro in the latest iOS 12 beta (from what I can see), the issue may be on Overloud's end.

Trash
Expert

Post by Trash » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 am

Is there any way I can get in touch with the developer to report this (and see if/when they plan to do something about it). OS12 is imminent after all...