Auria Pro crashes at start

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jrech
Expert

Auria Pro crashes at start

Post by jrech » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:36 am

I just upgraded to 2.19. I am on an iPad Pro 12.9. I was working on a song and it was fine until I started using midi. Now when I try and open the song I auria quits or says there was an error I am using to much memory. I have no other apps open and I tried rebooting my iPad. I can launch other songs but this one song causes auria to give me an error. What could be the problem?
iPad Pro, Auria Pro - https://jodyrech.bandcamp.com

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria Pro crashes at start

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:33 am

Looks like your project got corrupt somehow. Auria automatically saves snapshots every 10 minutes of use in a project. You could try to open one of those snapshots. Most likely there's one that works from before the issue.

Rim

Petercap0519

Post by Petercap0519 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:07 pm

I have the same problem, but this time, there are no snapshots to open. The file is still there, but it will not open. In stead it just creates a new project file (New Project 1, New Project 2, etc.) each time I attempt to open my file.

I have even cleared out about 15% of my iPad storage space, but still no dice. This is the third time this has happened to me. I am really tempted to give up AURIA altogether.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:07 pm

Petercap0519 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:07 pm
I have the same problem, but this time, there are no snapshots to open. The file is still there, but it will not open. In stead it just creates a new project file (New Project 1, New Project 2, etc.) each time I attempt to open my file.

I have even cleared out about 15% of my iPad storage space, but still no dice. This is the third time this has happened to me. I am really tempted to give up AURIA altogether.
See if this helps you recover your project:

https://wiki.audiob.us/auria_pro_-_recovering_projects

Can you recall the steps that preceded its crashing?

Some particular AUs (not sure which ones other than Enso) seem to increase the likelihood of crashes.

Is there anything notable about your project -- lots of tracks or AUs? The more details you can think of, the more it might help RIM figure out why it crashed in the first place.

Petercap0519

Post by Petercap0519 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:19 pm

So this procedure is telling me to copy a snapshot from the files APP to Audio Share... done.
Then rename to a .prj file ... Done
copy back to the main folder in Auria through Files App .... Done (NOTE: the snapshot is only 447KB, but the project file is 12.25GB) So...

1 - it doesn't show up in the Auria folder because even though I renamed it as a .prj, it's not a real .prj
2 - BTW in the AURIA folder all project files are named .project, not .prj, But neither was recognized when I copied the snapshot back in.

Pete

Petercap0519

Post by Petercap0519 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Also, last thing I was doing before it crashed was bouncing a midi track to audio.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:20 pm

Petercap0519 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:19 pm
So this procedure is telling me to copy a snapshot from the files APP to Audio Share... done.
Then rename to a .prj file ... Done
copy back to the main folder in Auria through Files App .... Done (NOTE: the snapshot is only 447KB, but the project file is 12.25GB) So...

1 - it doesn't show up in the Auria folder because even though I renamed it as a .prj, it's not a real .prj
2 - BTW in the AURIA folder all project files are named .project, not .prj, But neither was recognized when I copied the snapshot back in.

Pete
Are you sure that you followed the instructions precisely? It sounds like you are copying a snapshot back to Auria Pro rather than the whole original folder (inside of which you will have moved and renamed a snapshot file to replace the old main project file). The prj file is in the project folder that you copied to AudioShare.

The purpose of moving the project into AudioShare is just so that you can move a snapshot from the snapshots folder to the main project folder.

The folder that you copy back will be the same size as the original project. What looks like a project file in Files app is actually a folder (a special kind of folder called a bundle that looks like a file but is actually a specially structure folder)

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:08 pm

I have added some illustrations to the article. Perhaps, it will help you understand the process better.

Petercap0519

Post by Petercap0519 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Thank you so much! I figured it out thanks to you. Still not sure why it crashed but at least now I know how to recover. Happy New Year!

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Petercap0519 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:28 pm
Thank you so much! I figured it out thanks to you. Still not sure why it crashed but at least now I know how to recover. Happy New Year!
Glad that you've got it sorted.

Flatulance

Post by Flatulance » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:39 am

Auria pro crashes whenever I try to use it. I’m using a fully updated iPad Pro 2017 12.9”. I have no projects on it, no other apps open, and 423G available. I start a new project, add a midi track, and it crashes. The app is totally unusable. Hopefully an update is coming soon so I can avoid a $50 loss.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:40 pm

Flatulance wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:39 am
Auria pro crashes whenever I try to use it. I’m using a fully updated iPad Pro 2017 12.9”. I have no projects on it, no other apps open, and 423G available. I start a new project, add a midi track, and it crashes. The app is totally unusable. Hopefully an update is coming soon so I can avoid a $50 loss.
This isn’t typical. You might want to back up your projects then delete and reinstall the app. It sounds like something became corrupted.

What OS?