Auria delay compensation

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Denzkps
Expert

Auria delay compensation

Post by Denzkps » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:34 am

There is no delay compensation for the side chain when you use Buses. Delay compensation works fine for sub channels, but on the sub channels the signal sends to the AUX before the effects.
If a convolutional reverb is used, the side chain signal also has a delay.
Rim, with this you need to do something.
From the description in Appstore: Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria delay compensation

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:30 am

I have extensive use of delay compensation on the bus system and have tested every combination I could think of before releasing it with no issues. It's possible there's a bug or I missed a use case. Are you using 64 bit mixer mode by chance? There are some differences in the 32 and 64 bit engines.

Rim

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:23 am

I use only 32 bit mode because the sidechain does not work in 64bit mode. The delay occurs only for the sidechain signal and changes when the buffer size is changed. Example I need to make a sidechain on the BUS group with a bass from kick. As a result, the sidechain signal has a delay from the original approximately 8-17ms, depending on the size of the buffer. For SUB channels, there is no such problem, but that send an original signal in the AUX. I'm using iPad pro 12.9 (2015) and last iOS. And more that is typical for the BUSes channels. I can work with them only when the CPU load is below 40% if the load is higher then clicks and pops occur. Maybe this is the features of the my Ipad, but I still can not use the full-size BUS system in large projects (40-50 tracks), unfortunately. I can also say that if I have Crash Auria, then I lose the settings of IpadPro screen Optimiztion. After bonced track in place I have clean mixer window and must reload.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:58 am

Thanks. I will investigate this scenario for v2.20

Rim