Ipad Pro Crashes

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ljmaxx

Ipad Pro Crashes

Post by ljmaxx » Wed May 23, 2018 8:07 am

I have been using an Ipad Air 2 for the last year and never once did it crash. I bought an Ipad Pro with 12.9 inch screen a few months ago thinking a larger screen would be better than the smaller screen on my Ipad Air 2. My Ipad Pro crashes at least 3 times a week and I was wondering if there is a setting for Auria Pro that I am missing?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Ipad Pro Crashes

Post by Rim » Wed May 23, 2018 12:07 pm

It's not normal for Auria to crash. If you're seeing crashing, it's most likely due to a corrupted project. I suggest starting with a new project and import any files you need from your corrupted project.

Another reason you might see crashing is if you're using Auria in conjunction with another app, like an IAA plugin. To rule out a specific plugin that may be causing problems, you could start with a clean project and add one plugin at a time until you experience problems.

Rim

ljmaxx

Post by ljmaxx » Fri May 25, 2018 1:33 pm

I've had 2 crashes in the last 30 minutes with only acoustic guitars and vocal. No apps only AP.
Attachments
CRASHX05X25.jpg

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat May 26, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm guessing you're not using a new project. Please try it again with a completely new project. Also restart your iPad just to make sure. Here are some steps to try:

1. Restart your iPad (hold down the power button until it shuts down)
2. Once it come up, double-tap on the home button to make sure all the apps are closed. Restarting the ipad won't close apps, so you need to make sure nothing's running even after a restart).
3. Launch Auria
4. Go into the settings and make sure 64 Bit Mixer Mode is turned off
5. Go to Menu and Create a New Project
6. Choose 44100 for the sample rate and no tracks
7. Go to the menu again and chose Add Tracks. Choose 1 audio track
8. Press the record enable button and then press record and play

Let me know how this works.

Rim

ljmaxx

Post by ljmaxx » Thu May 31, 2018 1:14 pm

Rim I tried your suggestions but still crashing. Also whatever project I am working on does not end up being saved even when I make a copy. Maybe Ipad Pro is not the best thing to use and I should go back to my Ipad Air ll.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Sounds like there may be an issue with your iPad itself if you're not able to get that simple example to work. Another option is to send us a short video demonstrating the issue. It's possible we may see something simple that you're doing that may provide a clue. You can send it directly to Corey: support@drumagog.com

Rim