Wav Tracks disappear?

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Post Reply
billium99
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:21 am

Wav Tracks disappear?

Post by billium99 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:39 am

Hi - new Auria user - love the concept and love the experience...except when it's not working.

So I have Drum Perfect Pro, and I've recorded a song, then connected the DPP channels to 16 audio tracks, via several videos on YouTube.

This all worked great, the drums recorded as individual wav file tracks just like it was supposed to. Then I disarm the record on all of those tracks, arm other tracks and continue recording bass, vocals etc. All went fine.

But I loaded another project for a time, and when I went back to this project, it takes forever to load, with CPU showing as 4000% at one point (on latest iPad pro with nothing else running), some of the channel connections to DP fail (but who cares, right? The wav files shouldn't need anything from DPP at this point) but instead, all audio tracks from the drums show as blank. No audio.

I've had this happen twice now, making me very skittish to continue. What could be going on? Has anything like this been reported? Once I've recorded the drums as wav files in audio tracks, there should be no needed connection to DPP, correct?

Thanks

Bill

billium99
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:21 am

Re: Wav Tracks disappear?

Post by billium99 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Just thought I'd add a few more details:

1. I confirmed the wav files were recorded. I could see the recorded drums in the "sine wave" visual. 16 tracks of about 2.5 minutes of recorded performance

2. The thing that's taking so long to load is indeed the failed connections of some of those drum tracks - the FX connection I'd made failed on ~30% of the 16 tracks, but sort of randomly - track 3, 5,6 and 11 and 13 lost their connection to the DPP instrument track I'd previously associated.

3. Here is the process I've been trying to follow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hizcwXxfeE0

4. This third attempt I'm doing as I write this up. I've completed the audio track recordings of the midi drums. I've disarmed the tracks and confirmed that I can see the drum wave forms. Now I'm attempting to disconnect each channel from Drum Perfect. I want to do this before I leave the project, so I don't get errors each time I load the project (as has happened for the last two attempts). Each time I set the the channel strip Drum perfect selection back to "None" it takes nearly 60 seconds of spinning circle before I can move to the next track - I've got 16 disconnects to make, so this is taking a while.

CPU 13% Space: 71%

At the end of disconnecting all the tracks, CPU is 127687% - it appears to have locked up either before, or at the moment when I hit the Rewind to Start button on the shuttle controls.

So something is very odd here.

I've seen it come back from a several thousand % CPU before during my experiments, but never from 127k%. I'm going to walk my dogs and let it chew on whatever it's chewing on.

Thanks again for any insight or suggestions. I'll give another update later.

Bill

billium99
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:21 am

Re: Wav Tracks disappear?

Post by billium99 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Well 45 minutes later it's down to 95,000%, so I'm going to continue to let it chew. I can slide the interface around again (couldn't at 127k%) but cannot play or use the shuttle controls still. This is all for the sake of not losing the recorded audio, which I suspect will not be there if I shut the app down and restart.

BTW - no effects have been added to any tracks, so my overhead shouldn't be that bad.

billium99
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:21 am

Re: Wav Tracks disappear?

Post by billium99 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Hello! OK more info:

I missed the original midi track (disarming and disconnecting from DPP).

While still at 92k% CPU, I was able to disconnect the midi channel and when i did, the CPU immediately released and I had Auria back again.

The tracks saved and now that it has saved with DPP disconnected, it loads fast too.

I'm happy to answer any questions if there is some kind of strange stacking of CPU thread requests going on with this particular sequence of events.

I'm tempted to try disconnecting that midi channel first next time, but this testing is time consuming, so I need to pick my moments...

Loving the software otherwise!

Bill

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests