Screen Redraw problem

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jimhenry
Expert

Screen Redraw problem

Post by jimhenry » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi-
This seems to be happening more and more. Switching from the edit page back to the mixer page the mixer page will suddenly and randomly be blank, grey but blank. If I turn the Ipad to portrairt view the outline of the mixer appears but without any detail...no knobs, no buttons. If I tap or double tap on the space where the knobs are buttons are supposed to be that button or knob will reappear. Or I can close Auria and restart and everything will be normal again.

I have the Ipad pro, latest version of ariria. It happens whether the CPU is barely being taxed.

Would love to have this stop happening...
Thanks, Jim

lexi000

Re: Screen Redraw problem (same here)...

Post by lexi000 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:18 pm

I am running Auria on an iPad Pro (cracked screen version) and I have been having the same issue. At first I thought it was the Russians playing with me but then I decided I would check Settings. In General (I think) I turned off Retina display and that seemed to do the trick. I haven't experienced the issue since. To be complete I also turned off iPad Pro optimizations. That sucked. So, I turned it back on.

If I experience the blank mixer screen again, I will update this post.

alex

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Screen Redraw problem

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:23 pm

If you can find a way to duplicate this every time (starting from a clean project), I would love to be able to track it down. I can't get it to happen here.

Thanks,
Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:18 am

This blank mixer screen happened to me 5 times in a row durring last nights session. Every time I bounced a midi track to audio it occurred. Cheers.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:23 pm

This is a video of how I can recreate the blank screen bug. Let me know if anyone else can do it and hope this helps Rim. Cheers and good luck. Here is the link to the private video.
This video has been removed as the bug is squashed. The video was posted on YouTube as a private video and was for forum users only so it did not reach the general public. Cheers and Good vibes.
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:05 am

Thanks Anthony, that helps a lot, lots of great clues. I'll see if I can get this fixed asap.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:18 am

I found the issue and fixed it. I appreciate everyone's help in tracking this down. Anthony offered the last clue that finally let me find this obscure bug. It had to do with changes made to support iOS11 and screen re-drawing within the bounce track in place function.

This will appear in v2.19.

Rim

jimhenry
Expert

Post by jimhenry » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks Rim. It is the Bounce in place thing for sure. I can recreate it every single time. So glad you figured it out. Looking forward to the update! jh