Mackie Control and HUI issue

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Mackie Control and HUI issue

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:32 am

Him Rim. Happy new year to you. Here is my question. Why can I see all three of my Mackie MCU pro units in the midi settings page and I can select any one of them and they will turn on but I can't select all three in order like I can in any desktop daw. I have the main controller and two extenders for a total of 24 faders. I can't understand why I can't do this after all this time. The reason this would be great is because if I mute or solo or place a track into record , say I do this to track 2, then when I flip the bank to the next 8 the lights from track 2 are still on even though Im now looking at track 10. So as you can see after a few of these tracks with mutes and solo and rec it gets confusing and hard to follow. Also I tend to use the HUI mode as its more solid and doesnt require me to reboot Auria aa often in fact I rarely have to reboot using HUI mode but Mackie Logic mode requires reboots pretty often. There is also graphic problems in Logic mode and also in Logic mode touching the transport when in a midi track plays a midi note and it shouldn't. I really think that HUI control is one of your best features in Auria and separates your app from many others. In fact it is my most requested info from my subscribers and even here on the forum. Getting this feature polished would allow me to demo it for many others to see how powerful it can be but right now it just simply lacks some of the best features that this type of control offers. I don't know if you only put part of HUI control into Auria and that it will never be able to do what a desktop daw can do with a HUI controller. In this case it would be great to know so that I can sell my extenders. It would also be great if the pan could be automated with HUI as it has never worked from day one. Cheers and hope you can answer this because I get asked for this info so often my head spins and I really don't have any answers for them. So maybe you can shed some light on this topic.

Dirge59
Expert

Re: Mackie Control and HUI issue

Post by Dirge59 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:49 pm

I really find it amazing that after all these years that both HUI and MCU can change pan control both ways, but the only way to have them automated is to do by iPad screen!! Come on, we’re not asking for jog wheel control!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Sorry, I don't have an MCU or HUI here to test these issues. I borrowed one to release an update last time, and fixed all the HUI-related issues on the list, but I no longer have those control surfaces to test at the moment. I'll have a look at the code again to see if I can find the issue without an actual device. It's possible that it's something simple.

Rim

Dirge59
Expert

Post by Dirge59 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:27 pm

MCU would be my first challenge to tackle...

Reathpd

Post by Reathpd » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:10 pm

I have the iKMultimedia iRigPro I/O connected to Auria Pro. The Transport functionality has a problem with the Record. I contacted iKMultimedia and the verified the issue was with Auria.

“Our customer support team has replied to your support request #294305

Hello,

Thanks for the video.

This appears to be related to how Auria handles MMC.

For example, we tested 2 other DAW apps which can use MMC transport. Tapping on the REC button will initiate recording. Auria on the other hand requires pressing play upon tapping on record.

You may want to check with the Auria app developers to see if there is a setting you can enable so that record via MMC will initiate record, rather than require a manual playback to start recording.

If you need additional help, please reply to this email.”

The video link I sent is https://youtu.be/C5FncrTPCes

Thanks,

Daniel Llosa
Technical Support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:11 am

Thanks, this is something that's easy to add. I'll see if I can implement it in the next update.

RIm