Loud static on playback

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mikelucas4

Loud static on playback

Post by mikelucas4 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:16 pm

I have an iPad Pro but not auria pro. After recording a couple tracks I will get very very loud static on playback. I will have to exit app and reenter to fix. Obviously not optimal for creative juices exiting and reloading every couple tracks. Any suggestions and help greatly appreciated
Thanks!
Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Loud static on playback

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:34 pm

This is definitely not normal. Are you using an audio interface with your iPad? Also, are any other apps running at the same time as Auria?

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:45 am

mikelucas4 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:16 pm
I have an iPad Pro but not auria pro. After recording a couple tracks I will get very very loud static on playback. I will have to exit app and reenter to fix. Obviously not optimal for creative juices exiting and reloading every couple tracks. Any suggestions and help greatly appreciated
Thanks!
Mike
If you have a new ipad pro but not updated to iOS 11 there's distortion bug on playback after a few mins. Unplugging and plugging back in the lead plugged into the headphone socket clears it. Also updated to iOS 11 improves the situation a lot but doesn't quite clear it up totally from my experience.
Last edited by mtingle on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LJSwype

Post by LJSwype » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:35 am

I have been experiencing this issue on my iPad Pro 12.9 with iOS 11.1.0 and 11.1.1. I didn’t see anything in the release mentioning an issue with the sound on iOS 11. The static completely eventually fill the the output and I can barely here the music. I have to close the app an restart it to clear it up. I may be wrong but it seems like lit happens more often when I’m processing low frequency content.

LJ

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:05 pm

I've seen this on occasion as well when using headphones plugged into the iPad, but using an external audio interface. When this happens to you, are you using an audio interface? If so, try plugging your headphones into the audio interface's headphone jack instead of the iPad's.

Rim

LJSwype

Post by LJSwype » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Good news, I updated to 11.1.2 and the problem seems to be resolved. I’ve been working all day with no issues. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks for suggestion.

LJ

King
Expert

Re: VERY! Loud static on playback (White noise)

Post by King » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:30 am

Hey Guys/Rim,

I’ve experienced (maybe?) this for some time now (since Pro). It is a very VERY! LOUD! white noise.

I mostly get it when using/editing with the warp feature. Most times, the only way to get rid of it is Undo.
But I can guarantee it will happen at some point.

Rarely, but sometimes, I get it on a frozen track! And if I go into import file and preview the file, it is baked in from there.

I even got it the other day when I was testing the drag n drop from AudioShare. The (few seconds long) file I dropped became twice it’s length, and the second half was white/pink noise. I think I move the region around a bit and it rectified itself, I wasn’t really focused on the noise at the time, was checking out drag n drop feature.

Was gonna report the Bug, a while back, but it was 1 of those “why bother” issues, because I could get around it etc.. :?
And when your that deep into editing (warping is always deep) there is nothing gonna stop you (well me anyway).

Only mentioning it now cause I saw this thread already started. (Getting lazy) lol

It has happened with many/various projects! And it’s LOUD! and startling! :o

___

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:35 am

There does seem to be some deep hidden bug in the warping feature, but it's pretty rare, as I've never been able to duplicate it. If you ever find a step by step way to make this happen from a clean project, please let me know!

Thanks,
Rim

King
Expert

Post by King » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:50 am

Ok!

I’ll put it on my list. :p

___

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________