Bug with mixer.

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mixmaker
Expert

Bug with mixer.

Post by mixmaker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:54 am

Just see this short video I made
https://youtu.be/Yb2HOYEyiRk
I use the latest version of auria pro
Ipad pro 9,7 with the latest version of iOs

So sometimes mixer is absent
It comes back after reload od app

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Bug with mixer.

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:29 am

Very strange indeed! Does it come back if you turn the iPad to Portrait mode and then back again to Landscape?

Also, how do you cause it to happen in the first place?

Rim

mixmaker
Expert

Post by mixmaker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:19 pm

Portret mode doesn’t help. It happened everytime when I use other app for recording. For example amplitube (for guitar recording) or sampletank (midi recording) also sometimes mixer comes back (but not full, only some buttons and knobs) when close other app after recording.
And all of this happened after the latest upgrade of auria pro

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:39 pm

The only time I've seen this happen is when the iPad is running very low on memory (I'm taking about RAM, not hard drive space). But this is very rare. You would need to be running lots of apps in the background at the same time for this to occur. Try these two steps:

1. Double-tap on the home button and close all the apps you see. It's important to close everything. Even apps like Settings and Safari. Everything must be closed.

2. Restart your iPad by pressing and holding the power button.

Then try running Auria again. It's important to do both steps, because simply restarting won't close your apps (they get opened up again after the iPad restarts).

It's also possible one of the apps you're running has a large memory leak.

Rim

mixmaker
Expert

Post by mixmaker » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:47 am

So, reboot doesn’t help. Auria app is very useful only with any other apps, but with it mixer doesn’t work
Repeat: this bug Imfound only after latest upgrade, before it worked perfect
Looks like there is only one way to fix it: to purchase newest ipad pro 10,5 with bigger memory.....)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:52 am

There must be something unique going on with your setup (or a particular app you're using it with). I have several iPads here for testing and tried to make this happen today, but I'm not seeing this issue with the latest version of Auria. I loaded up an iPad Air 2 and an iPad Pro with 5-6 background music apps and a large project and had no issues. I would like to know more about exactly how to duplicate this. Can you try this with a completely new Auria project? Maybe there's something corrupt with the project you're using.

Rim

mixmaker
Expert

Post by mixmaker » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:41 am

Oh, its absolutely not hard to duplicate;)
What I do:
Connect my electric guitar to ipad with iRig interface ->tap to auria ->New project-> add mono audio track -> tap to fx ->tap to amplitube for ipad there -> record guitar play-> mixer has gone :shock:
By the way it comes back again if close amplitube Immediately, so there is no so much trouble, but not fine I think, because there are many times needed to record something and correct it in mixer mode.
I use only two apps at same time(or amplitube or sampletank), not any other apps. And it doesn’t matter which app to use with auria, for mixer issues. So sad

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:18 am

Thanks for the specifics. But I can't duplicate this here at all. Here's what I did (correct me if I'm doing something a bit different):

1. Make sure all other apps are closed
2. Open Auria.
3. Create one new Mono track
4. Press Fx on track 1
5. Press Insert 1 and choose Amplitube for iPad. I see two in the list (blue). I picked the first one. The blue items are Audio Units. I didn't try IAA (green) as it wasn't listed there in my case.
6. The Amplitube screen shows.
7. I press the icon for Auria at the bottom left next to the transport buttons.
8. Auria comes up again. I close the Fx window and the mixer is still there.

Are you using Auria, Auria LE, Auria Pro, or Auria LE upgraded (or some other upgrade combination)?

Is anyone else having issues like this?

Rim

jimhenry
Expert

Post by jimhenry » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi Rim-

I am having a similar issue though it's not repeatable on demand. Sometimes the mixer screen goes blank coming from the edit page. It happened a few minutes ago. I tried to portrait mode and the mixer template came back but none of the project info...lot's of stuff was blank. If I close and restart Auria it works fine or if I simply open a different project then go back to the first one it works again. Very weird...