Track naming forces Initial caps

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Trash
Expert

Track naming forces Initial caps

Post by Trash » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:59 am

I prefer to name my tracks using all lower case letters but Auria (Pro) now seems force an initial capital letter.
I know this is a minor thing but it seems to be a regression as I'm sure it wasn't like this when I started using it. It seems to be something that has been introduced recently.

Please can we go back to being able to decide for ourselves how we would like to use capitalisation (or not)?

Many thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Track naming forces Initial caps

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:51 pm

This was changed a couple of years ago, as a lot of users were asking for it (I believe it was Auria 1.07). I've thought about making an option in the settings, but too many options is not good either ;)

Rim

Trash
Expert

Post by Trash » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:36 pm

Well I agree that it shouldn't be a setting (too many settings is not a good thing as you say) but I can't quite see why you need to 'force' initial caps.
The problem is that there is no way of not having an initial capital. In iOS messaging Auto capitalisation allows you to go back to the capital letter and replace it with a non-capitalised version you so choose.
The current Auria implementation does not even allow you to do that which I think it should. i.e. suggest an initial cap but allow you to delete it and replace it if the user chooses not to (as with iOS messaging).

Pretty please :-)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Ah, that's not right, it shouldn't be forcing you to do that. It sounds like a bug to me. I wrote it to add caps at the start of every word, but there obviously should be a way to go back and change it to non-caps. I'll look into this. Thanks for letting me know.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 pm

I just looked into this and it's an iPad setting. If you go to your iPad settings, Keyboard you'll see Auto Capitalization. Just turn this off and the iPad will no longer auto capitalize every word.

Also, if you want to keep this setting enabled, you can always override it for a particular word by just tapping on the shift button before you type. When auto capitalization is on, iOS will automatically press the shift button for you. So you need to just press it again to undo the shift.

Rim