I found two bugs with midi join:
- either the first note of left joined part is missing (all notes that are at the very beginning of the region)
- or the whole first region is missing and the second region is moved to the start of the joined regions
How to reproduce:
1) New project, add a midi track
2) Add 4 notes in the midi editor - i added 4 different quarter notes in the first bar, each at a beat
3) Split at the third beat
4) Move first region to the beat behind the second one
5) Select both regions and join.
=> ERROR: The first note will be missing.
To reproduce the second midi join bug:
Either undo the last step or start from scratch and redo steps 1 to 4.
5B) Addionally enlarge the first region to the beat
6) Select both regions and join.
=> ERROR: The first region is skipped and the second region moved forward. I hope these instructions help in fixing these two midi join bugs.