Auria Pro crashing on open

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

bigbearvo

Auria Pro crashing on open

Post by bigbearvo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:31 am

First time using Auria Pro after most recent upgrade, it will not open. It attempts to open and bring up crash dialog box, then crashes/closes. Can’t use at all.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria Pro crashing on open

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:38 am

Are you using iOS11? Auria is not yet compatible with iOS11, but there's an update that's currently being reviewed by Apple. It should be approved in the next few days.

Rim

bigbearvo

Post by bigbearvo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:44 am

Yes, using iOS 11.0.1

Is Apple not giving you enough time to get your compatible upgrade up in time to coincide with the release of a major iOS upgrade? As you can imagine this delay does create major problems. In the future, I recommend to all users they wait on installing any iOS upgrade until the compatible Auria upgrade is ready.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:49 am

Apple typically gives developers plenty of time to beta test their apps with a major release. The trouble is often the releases change so much within a beta period that developers are left scrambling to keep up. That's happened in this case. iOS11 had major crashing issues with several audio apps, including Auria up until the very last beta release (weeks away from the official release). This gave me very little time to get my update ready. So yes, I always recommend holding off on any major iOS releases until you know that things are running smoothly for a particular app. Especially one as large and complex as Auria.

Rim

bigbearvo

Post by bigbearvo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Thanks Rim. What I love about you guys is the dedication you show to customer service. I will follow your advice, since I understand what it must be like working with Apple. On the flip side, without them, your app would never have happened, and for that we’re grateful. Good work, as always.

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:58 pm

I was about to report this crash until I saw this forum, hope it get fixed within this week so I can finish my little projects.

bigbearvo

Post by bigbearvo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:49 pm

Looks like the new iOS 11 compatible version of AURIA was downloaded last night.

Auria is still crashing on open.

Help!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:13 am

I am looking through the crash reports to see if I can find anything related to your crash. Have you tried reinstalling to see if that helps? We haven't seen any additional crashing in beta...

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:33 am

I did discover an additional issue which could cause crashing in iOS11. It's rare, but might have caused the crashing in your case. I've fixed this and it'll be in 2.13 which I'm submitting as a patch today.

Rim

Rex

Post by Rex » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Good job Rim! Just updated Auria this morning and it doesn't crash anymore although there's still a bug when adding iMPC Pro as a midi track. Notes get recorded but there's no sound.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:24 pm

Have you contacted iMPC about this? Sounds like an issue on their end.

Rim

Alex.Calderon95

Post by Alex.Calderon95 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:24 pm

I was going to start a new thread but figured it would be a good idea to post on this one? I’ve had this issue twice I’d say within the last 3-4 weeks. I can’t remember why it happened the first time but I know this second time I was going from AudioShare app to Auria Pro.
I have an IPad Air 2. Current update as of downloading the most recent one yesterday after Auria App crashing I thought maybe it would help? Didn’t help. Anyways Auria would open and crash and close out instantly. I tried offloading app to where it would keep all documents and data and downloaded it back I would say at least 4 times because I didn’t want to lose anything (prior to installing IOS update), I turned off iPad and restarted to see if that would help but it didn’t. I can’t say I’ve ever had this issue. I see in the above comments you released a patch.. is a new one needed? Thanks for activating my account today. I’d just like to get to a point where this doesn’t happen to me! I had to delete a lot of goods! Thanks man!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Can you tell me more about how you're getting Auria to crash? I can't make it do that, no matter what I try here, so any steps would really help me fix any issues there might be.

Rim

Alex.Calderon95

Post by Alex.Calderon95 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:30 pm

I can’t remember how it happened the first time. This most recent time though I was playing a file in audioshare app that I mixdown from Auria and I can’t remember if I paused it or not but I click the home button twice to see the other tabs to switch in to Auria app and it crashed. I closed out all other apps ( can’t remember how many I had open but I rarely have more than 4 open if that especially when I’m recording in Auria) then I tried to re open Auria it and it was doing that whole deal. That’s all It took with that situation.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks for the extra info. That actually sounds like a memory issue and not a crash. iOS will force quit apps when it runs low on memory. You're more likely to see that happen when you switch from one app to another. What kind of iPad are you using?

Rim